Flowers

Roses?

Just wondering if having roses typically is more expensive then using other flowers? Our florist quoted us based on using all hot pink roses in the bouquets, centerpieces, etc and just trying to get an idea if that brought the price up or if we got a good price. Thanks!

Re: Roses?

• edited December 2011
    Roses are actually pretty cheap... the only way to go cheaper is to get into the carnation, mum, alstromeria area .

Roses typically cost about $3 each, 
    Carns 1.50 , mums 1.25, alstromeria $1...
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    The only time roses get expensive is around Valentines Day.  So if you aren't getting married in February prior to the 14th then roses should be pretty inexpensive.

Also, if you aren't sure about the quote you received then check out another florist or two to see what they may offer you for the same type of centerpieces, bouquets, etc

• edited December 2011

Congrats! Check to see if you could get a better deal ... because you are using only roses? Also if you are open - maybe using a mix of shades in pink... this could also give you a little price break!! Have you considered checking Sam's or Costco out? They offer amazing flowers at perfect prices!! You could in turn find a free lance florist who could accommodate you!  I free lance! I'm a die hard flower lover with experience!! Any questions let me know!!!   Kari (*** keep in mind it can be difficult for any florist to rec large quantities of the same color of flowers...you are dealing with Mother Nature so there can be variances!! )   medirtypaws@yahoo.com

• edited December 2011
    I imagine roses will trend inexpensive, especially out-of-season. Anything is expensive out-of-season, but florists always need to have roses available, so they always do, so they're less expensive than something less common the florist will order special.

FWIW, except Valentine's and Mother's Day weekends, a dozen roses is $9-10 every Friday at the flower stands near my office, year round.
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_roses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:a4c907d1-57bf-428e-85cd-05c5d9d631e8Post:3698f1e5-fa30-453f-ba83-eacacb108319">Re: Roses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Check to see if you could get a better deal ... because you are using only roses? Also if you are open - maybe using a mix of shades in pink... this could also give you a little price break!! Have you considered checking Sam's or Costco out? They offer amazing flowers at perfect prices!! You could in turn find a free lance florist who could accommodate you!  <strong>I free lance! I'm a die hard flower lover with experience!! Any questions let me know!!!</strong>   Kari (*** keep in mind it can be difficult for any florist to rec large quantities of the same color of flowers...you are dealing with Mother Nature so there can be variances!! )   <strong>medirtypaws@yahoo.com
    </strong>Posted by RagWeedsToBloom[/QUOTE]

I know you are trying to be helpful but I would be careful about your wording or people might think of you as a vendor...and vendors are not allowed on these boards.

Also, since these are public forums you may not want to list your e-mail address...

• edited December 2011
    Roses are actually pretty reasonable and don't have a price fluctuation with the seasons (expect arround Valentine's Day). 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lauren2426Lauren2426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards