Maine

Friday Luncheon Reception

Hello:

I am having a smallish ceremony at 10AM on a Friday - about 50 people - in Scarborough.  We are then looking to do a small luncheon with the entire group nearby.  So far I have looked at The Landing, Saltwater Grille and Bar Lola in Portland but Matt and I are not LOVING any of them. 

Does anyone have any local recommendations?  We are trying to keep the luncheon budget to $2500 including tax and tip.

Thanks!
Audra

Re: Friday Luncheon Reception

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about it, but the Black Point Inn in Scarborough looks nice online and hosts small to medium sized parties:

http://www.blackpointinn.com/inn/bpi9.html

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Black point inn is VERY expensive.
    The place we liked the best so far is Joseph's by the sea in Old Orchard beach, but they are not open until march 17 (closed for the season) . It's more than what you are proposing, but not by much.
  • edited December 2011
    If anyone knows a great outdoor site in the portland/freepot area, that's really what I'm looking for. Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    Higgins Beach Inn may be able to accommodate that amount of people.  And I wouldn't think you'd get charged the standard "wedding rate" as it's a Friday lunch. 
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the Higgins Beach Inn. I've been to luncheons there before, and they are wonderful to work with.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ive been to Josephs by the sea and it was pretty good!
     hmm The Captains Galley in OOB?? Ive never been but my FI has been to a wedding reception there and liked it.

if i think of other suggestions i will post

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards