Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Help! Can't find a Cape/South Shore ceremony location!

Hello,

My fiancé and I have settled on a venue for our reception next year (Jones River Trading) but we’re having a really difficult time finding a ceremony spot within a 40 minute radius of Kingston, MA. We have a large gathering (150 people) but aren’t doing a religious ceremony so churches are out. Ideally, we’d like to have something with a unique flair that’s not in a country club-type setting - If it wasn’t so far away, the Endicott House up in Dedham is kind of what we’re going for if you can picture it! We’d love to do an outside ceremony but only if we can plan for inclement weather (we’ve seen a few spots that don’t allow tents). Any help is appreciated!

PS: You may see this post in the MA/Boston forum as well…wasn't sure where to post it since it’s between Boston and the Cape. Thanks!

T&P

Re: Help! Can't find a Cape/South Shore ceremony location!

• When is your wedding?  Sandwich has some nice locations like the Hoxie House (I think I have seen tents there) and Heritage Gardens but if it is in summer and a weekend with traffic no way would it be 40 mins. 

I was in the same predicament- didn't want church (FI catholic and I wont convert) and I was terrified bad weather if outdoors (Nelson Beach or Brewster Gardens) and # of people made some places too small,  For example, I loved Cold Spring Chapel but it only holds about 120 I think.  We ended up going with First Parish.  I think they will let you bring in your own officiant.  FI was happy because it is a church but it looks like the inside of a ships hull overturned.

Love your venue btw.  I have never seen it before.  What a great spot.
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestion! We are going to check out First Parish. We really appreciate your help!

T&P
  • Did you know you can have your ceremony at the Jones River also? My fiance and I will be getting married there too next year, and an outdoor ceremony right on the Jones River is a gorgeous location!

• Don't assume you can't look at churches because you are having a non-religous ceremony.  We had a non-religous ceremony at a Unitarian Universalist Church.  We also had our own officiant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards