New York-Upstate
Options

Flowers, Cake and Transportation

I am getting married on August 7, 2010 at Bayshore Grove in Oswego, right on Ontario Lake.  (I don't live up there though, I'm from Syracuse)  I still have not booked a florist, bakery or transportation.  Any one have any suggestions (or vendors to stay away from)?  For flowers, I don't need a lot, as we are not doing any decoration flowers, just the bouquets and a single flower for each of the guys' lapels.  And for cake, I am looking for something really simple, but it has to be delicious.  Transportation, we only need "drunk buses", no limos.  I want to provide buses to the ceremony and then back to the hotels after the reception.  Any input you guys have would be helpful.  I don't know where to start, there are sooooo many!  Thanks!

Re: Flowers, Cake and Transportation

• Options
    lisainthecuselisainthecuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just finished booking my "drunk buses."  I spoke with 4 different vendors (Caz Limo, FitzGerald Brothes, Star Travel and Tours, and Southern Tier) and the most reasonably priced was Southern Tier (607-797-2006), with Star Travel and Tours close behind.  I'm not sure how many people you will have to transport but ask about different options, ie one large tour bus to take everyone in one trip or one smaller limo bus that will have to make two trips.  Just FYI - Caz Limo and FitzGerald Brothers were around $1,200 a piece and Southern Tier and Star Travel were around $750.  We ended up going with a 29 passenger that will make a couple of trips.  Of course I haven't used them yet so I can't rate them, but the price was right for us.  Good luck!
  • Options
    jodylynn78jodylynn78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Price Chopper for my flowers. Prices were very reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used Coriale in Utica for my flowers. Amazing work and very reasonable prices!

For our transportation for guests to and from the rehearsal dinner and hotels we used Birnie Bus, very cheap and I think they travel.

For cakes, I can't help much but stay far far away from Cafe Canole! They screwed me over big time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For flowers, I used Sam Rao florist on Myron Ave in Syracuse/Camillus... Rick was great there, and the prices were more than reasonable!

For cake/cupcakes, I used BElla Bakery in Baldwinsville, and got more compliments on how delicious my cupcakes were... and EXREMELY cheap... I think for a small two layer cake (so we had something to cut, and 130 cupcakes, and a sheet cake for the rehearsal, I paid around $250)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards