Military Brides
Options

DNB & Calindi

I think congrats is in order for both of you guys!

DNB - Welcome home to your H! yay!

Calindi - I'm probably dense, but I know you were like me and partially planning prior to the proposal because you knew it was coming, but I have to guess it's congrats time since you have a ticker now? If so, congrats on the engagement! If not yet, congrats on being so squared away!
I hate Dave Ramsey

Re: DNB & Calindi

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hah, thanks! No ring yet so he doesn't want to change the Facebook statuses yet, know what I mean? But the days were selling out for the month we're locked into due to being squeezed between law school and when he'll get his TBS orders - gotta be on those orders! And so my guy leapt at the opportunity to sign the venue contract! I guess in the world of a law student like my guy, signing a venue contract is even more concrete of a promise to marry me than a ring!!! Haha! A little unorthodox, but we're ridiculously happy! We picked out the engagement ring last weekend, so hopefully I'll have it soon!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Stan!  It's so great having him home again, even if it isn't for as long as I would like.

Calindi- Having a date and a venue booked is engaged to me, so congratulations!!  That's so exciting!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's engaged to us, too! He just still wants to have something to say when people go, "Where's the ring? How'd you ask her?". But both our families know we've booked it and everyone is thrilled!

Anniversary

• Options
    lamoureux86lamoureux86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo!! Congrats to both of you ladies!!
    And having a venue booked seems even more convincing then just having the ring, awesome!!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    The funny thing is that my guy was engaged before, and they never got to planning a wedding, just redesigned her ring twice (she refused to wear the ring he gave her, and declared that having a ring she liked was an investment in their future together, so he plunked down $10k). But they never set a date, booked a venue, nothing! And with us, it's all about getting married, not the trappings. So it's sort of suiting that we are all about planning the wedding before we worry about the bling!

Anniversary

• Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks lamoureux!

Calindi his ex sounds wonderful.  I'm assuming that's a main reason she is the ex.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_dnb-calindi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7686d4df-26f3-42d0-bf9e-ca2c10c1a21dPost:df2f7e63-4468-4123-8320-210ee1864493">Re: DNB & Calindi</a>:
    [QUOTE]The funny thing is that my guy was engaged before, and they never got to planning a wedding, just redesigned her ring twice (she refused to wear the ring he gave her, and declared that having a ring she liked was an investment in their future together, so he plunked down $10k). But they never set a date, booked a venue, nothing! And with us, it's all about getting married, not the trappings. So it's sort of suiting that we are all about planning the wedding before we worry about the bling!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm glad he's with you now, she sounds like a lunatic!</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Haha, yeah!  He tried that line on me when we were thinking about having my ring custom made... it was going to be around $2500, nearly twice as the original ring I fell for when we first were looking (which is now sold out and discontinued, so out of luck there).  He said, "You're worth it, it's an investment in our future."  I said, "Hold it right there, it's not an investment, it's a pretty piece of jewelry.  Not going into debt over something shiny is an investment in our future."

Needless to say, we didn't end up going with the custom ring.  The one we've found (and that I assume he's bought or is buying soon) was less than $1000, nearly 1/2 as expensive as the original ring I liked!  And I adore it... as much for any other reason as the fact that it didn't put him in debt!

Anniversary

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh Nest ate my post. 

I was trying to say that I looked at your planning bio, and I love it! Your venue is amazing!

Also, just an FYI (because I know you don't mind stuff like this), the Summer Whites are actually a SNCO/O seasonal dress uniform, rather than an all rank enlisted uniform. The guys in your photo are likely Eighth and I guys, who often rate them for their ceremonial billets. They are not authorized liberty uniforms for E5 and below. I only point this out because improper summer whites wear is one of my biggest pet peeves. I see them on Corporals in weddings, I see them on only the groom for officers (in November), etc. Probably the one that bugs me the most is seeing the groom in those and the groomsmen in the blue trousers. Shudder! If you ever vimeo MC wedding videos and see a Stanley commenting on inappropriate trouser wear, you can guess who it was...

;)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!! We're really excited about our venue!

Haha!  Too funny!  I can totally understand why the wrong-uniform thing bothers you.  I teach sailing at a yacht club, and this weekend they had their 'inspection of the fleet', so all the board members of the club dressed up in white uniforms that look very much like Navy uniforms.  I was definitely shaking my head and clucking my tongue at the sight of fat old men who had never served a day in their lives wearing a uniform and strutting around.  Our service members earn the uniform they wear, and they're supposed to wear them correctly as a sign of pride for the service.  It's not a costume, either for service members to pick and choose whether to follow the rules, or for civilians to play dress up!!!!

The pic in my bio was actually the only picture I could find with the Dress Blues with the white summer pants to explain the look, though I did make a note in my bio that it's not quite the right uniform - obviously he'll have a darker buckle and no insignia on his arm, and a bigger EGA on his cover. But for 95% of my civilian friends, they won't know the difference!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards