Day Of Wedding Coordinator?

Is anyone having one?
Why/why not?

Any recommendations?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Day Of Wedding Coordinator?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have one. While I would have loved to of had one, it wasn't really in the budget. Besides, I am very organized and plan everything and our day went just fine. The few things that went wrong weren't in our control anyway, so a coordinator couldn't have really done anything to help.

There are a lot of girls on there that have had one. You may try looking back through some pages and some of the vendor review and take a look at some of the bios as a lot of ladies put vendor reviews in there as well. Also, some wedding reception venues have one included in the price, so if you in the early stages of planning, that is definitely something to ask about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I personally have not used her . . but i did e-mail her and will be setting up a meeting with her within the next couple of weeks!  When I e-mailed her she responeded the very next day. She seems to be very helpful and not to expensive!  I found her on this board . . I believe from someones vendor review.

Ana Titus is her name and here is her website it has lost of information!

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lourdes Barroso de Padilla.  Her email is 
    atime2toast@gmail.com

It's her own business, but she has so much event planning 
    experience, she's been doing events for years.

Our wedding is in October and she has been there for me soo 
    much, making sure I'm taking care of so many details I 
    probably wouldn't think of till it was almost too late. 

I decided to use a coordinator because I don't have a whole lot 
    of help - while the wedding is in Columbus, my parents and sisters 
    are actually in Toledo.  I'm also in grad school, so I knew I would
     need some professional help!

Her 'rate' is very affordable; she customizes it to what you would
     like from her and your budget.  

HTH's!

*Edit* Why did this post so weird?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We hired a planner and she'll be with us from now until the wedding next August. She has done a FANTASTIC job so far! I'm very confident that she would do just as well for the-day-of. We decided to go with a planner because we both work full time and, like another poster, my friends and family live 2 hours north, so I wouldn't have that much help. Plus, I'm new to the C-bus area, so I needed help with choosing my vendors. The Finer Things is the name if you were interested...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kcreagh22kcreagh22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using Ana Titus.  I met with her about a week ago and hired her on the spot!  She is awesome and has been very very helpful so far and like I said it's only been a week!  Her pricing is very reasonable and she has a great personality!  I highly recommend her!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Dina from Scarlet City Events, she has been fabulous so far and saved a disatrous venue situation by helping us switch venues.  I know our wedding is going to be stress free because of her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ungargirl16Ungargirl16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was suggested to call Dina Gesouras (614-949-5771) from Scarlet City Events or Jen Wooster-McBride (614-557-5769) from Jen at Bella Laccio Bridal. She said they're fabulous and great to work with! I'll be calling for sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go with Ana!  She's so wonderful! :o)  I've no doubt she would be a wonderful job at your wedding.  I would have hired her in a heartbeat if my venue didn't already come with a great wedding coordinator.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     We didn't use one- our church had a coordinator and our reception venue had an event coordinator- so we didn't feel the need to have one. I felt like I thoroughly planned everything and felt I could trust my coordinators enough not to hire another one. They were in contact with me during the planning process and throughout the wedding and were on the same page during the whole process. Knowing I didn't have to hire one I put that money toward other things for the wedding. That being said, if you're not a great planner, you need extra help or ideas, your venue(s) don't have a coordinator, or you feel like something might be missed with the ones that are with the venue, then hire one.
  • Options
    darby22darby22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used one for our wedding a few weeks ago and she was WONDERFUL!  I would highly recommend using one b/c it just takes away any stress you might have.  Just my personal opinion!  The name of the person we used was Kerry Leady and she is based out of Dayton, but is willing to travel to Columbus.  The website is www.klweddingdesigns.com.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards