Wisconsin

Budget Winter Wedding Reception Venue in Milwaukee

I am trying to book a venue for our winter wedding reception so I can get on with the rest of the wedding planning. We are having our ceremony at St. James Episcopal Church in downtown Milwaukee, and I am looking for a venue that is not super expensive ($2000 or less), lets us bring in our own caterer (my FI's family owns Bunzel's Catering in Wauwatosa), preferably lets us bring in our own bar service (his family owns a bar service as well), and can fit 250. Everything I have found so far is a park or garden, and that will not really work in the middle of December. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Budget Winter Wedding Reception Venue in Milwaukee

• edited January 2013
    Does Bunzels have any suggestions? I know they have a list of places that they cater often on their website. The places I know of are too small for you (200 max)- Wauwatosa women's club and Black Swan. I think one of the Elks lodges in Milwaukee is large (350 capacity). If you are open to a Friday night wedding the Warehouse is a cool venue! No idea how pricey though... Good Luck :)
  • Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately my FI will only be home for a week on Christmas Exodus from his Air Force base, and the friday that is in that week is my birthday, so we would like to avoid it if possible, and my family is from all over the country and will have to travel, so a Friday or Sunday will be harder on their schedules. 
    Bunzel's suggestion are all small, or better for summer, but I will look into the Elk Lodge. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Does your church have a hall? If not, could you talk to your pastor to see if they have a partnership with any other area parish in terms of hosting larger events?

Most city parishes tend to share resources whenever possible.

You could even make a church school gymnasium look pretty fabulous.

I see you've got a graduation ticker going...where do you go to school? (college, I assume?) I'm sure if you get in touch with your public affairs/event staff at your school, they'd often provide you rental of one of the large meeting rooms free of charge (or at minimal cost).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards