Louisiana-New Orleans

When are you having your Bachalorette Party?

Hi friends:

I am getting married on May 21st. Is March to soon to have a bachalorette party? I am from NOLA but moved to DC a few months ago and I am planning on flying home for the bach party. I was thinking March 12th for the Irish/Italian parade in NOLA. Is this too soon? I am probably over analyzing this! ha ha! Thanks for any advice!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When are you having your Bachalorette Party?

• mabezanmabezan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha I am getting married March 21 as well and that is the weekend I am looking at as well. Since we're going out of town with my bridal party, I almost wanted to change the date so I could be in New Orleans for the St Patrick's parade on the 12th!!

I would just do it whatever weekend works with everyone's schedule and that just happened to be March for me too. Plus that is such a fun weekend in New Orleans, the parade is great and then you still have the rest of the weekend to do all the other New Orleans things you want to do. I know how it is being away from New Orleans, you have those "must go there" places when you come back.

Where is your ceremony and reception if you don't mind me asking?
  • edited December 2011
    ha ha! that is too funny! The bridal party was originally going to fly out here for the bach party, but i decided i wanted to be in NOLA. I MISS it sooo much! ha! and you are right on with all the "must go there" places that i would love to see. The parade is so fun and very bach party appropriate with the kisses on the cheeks  for flowers! LOL! Thanks for the advice and have fun at yours too!

Our ceremony is at Mater Delarosa church uptown and the reception is at Southport Hall which is uptown as well. What about you?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there are talks of a possible Vegas trip sometime next year, but i don't know if that will pan out. So we will see.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    My wedding is November 20th and my bachelorette party is October 16th.

I say do whatever date is best for you and your girls.

From what many other brides told me-things get so hectic as the wedding gets closer....you don't want to be nursing a hangover while working on last minute stuff.
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_having-bachalorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:f9136662-f44a-4244-a866-2a4471b5d2a1Post:0b6ad6d5-3795-4961-8227-e873201b3253">Re: When are you having your Bachalorette Party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is November 20th and my bachelorette party is October 16th. I say do whatever date is best for you and your girls. From what many other brides told me-things get so hectic as the wedding gets closer....you don't want to be nursing a hangover while working on last minute stuff.
    Posted by acalloway75[/QUOTE]

especially if it is close to the holidays. we didn't have one for my cousin b/c her wedding was the week after chirstmas and everyone was so busy with that.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    Thanks acalloway75. It hadnt crossed my mind on how hectic things will get before the wedding and we are OOT so that will probably bring on some added stress. Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mabezanmabezan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy Name of Jesus uptown and Pat O's on the River downtown! Glad to know someone on this board with the same date! :)

Hope your planning is going well!
  • edited December 2011

oh how nice!!! Beautiful venues! Hope your planning is going well too :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea! That parade is so much fun and you'll get a lot of attention being the bachelorette!! 
    My wedding is May 7th and my MOH and I are thinking about April 16th for my bachelorette party. She lives OOT and so far that's the only good weekend between holidays, other weddings and Easter. Happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married November 20 and my Bachelorette Party is October 9 so I'd say just do what works for you.  I'm super excited for mine!
  • hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanksgiving weekend!
  • cm10/10cm10/10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the parade idea!  I agree- do whatever date works best.  My bachelorette party was last weekend (we went to see the Molly Ringwalds play at Southport) and my wedding is next Saturday! :P
  • edited December 2011

you had your bach party where i am having my reception :)

CONGRATS!!!! Wish you all the best!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Vegas and we're going a month before.
  • edited December 2011

My wedding is May 28 in New Orleans. I am also planning it from DC.

I am going to Vegas on March 18th with my girls for the bachelorette. Honestly I think this is perfect timing because I expect things to get hectic as the wedding date gets closer. Plus, Vegas is supposed to be having great sales.

I love the idea of going to the St. Patrick's Day parade for the bachelorette. But since I am going to be flying down there every couple of months think I will relish a break.

I just started a blog at http://www.nolabride.blogspot.com/ to inspire me and other brides in New Orleans with their weddings. I am not selling anything or affliated with anyone so please stop by and help me out with some comments.

• edited December 2011

Thanks ladies for the advice!!! all of us will have great b-parties planned!!! im very excited for everyone!

Jenfordem- its great to see someone in the same situation on here!!  Are you from new orleans? We also dabbled with Vegas and then for all my bridesmaids to come here for the weekend to hit up some vineyards but i want a last shabang in new orleans i guess. I am making trips home every month from now until the wedding as well and its draining! ha! I feel as though i am never relaxing or enjoying the city bc its all wedding and spending time with my family. but love every minute of it!! I am glad you like the st. Patricks day idea! i think it will be fun! and VEGAS will be amazing!!!! I will def. check out your blog!

Thanks again friends!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards