July 2012 Weddings
Options

WP Update

So, some of you may remember my wedding party rant (clicky).  Well, I asked one of the BM's if she actually had time to be in the WP since she seems to have so much going on (work, school, horse-riding lessons).  It seems as though any time I want to get together to do something wedding-related, she has something to do.  So I asked her, and she said she had to think about it.  I said, "I won't be mad.  I'd rather you say 'no' than feel you have to and not be able to." She thought about it for a day or so and said no and that she felt really bad.  I told her there was no need to feel bad, she is more than welcome to come to the wedding, and I hope she can make it.  

So I told MIL about this friend not being a BM.  She immediately said, "I'm sorry to hear that, but now you can ask A's fiance to be a BM!!"  I told her, "No, I have the perfect amount of BM's in the WP.  I am close to them, and they mean something to me.  Who knows if she and A will even get married?  They've only been going out a couple weeks outside of him going to boot camp.  So thanks, but no thanks.  I'm good."

Aren't you proud of me?  I said, "NO!" :)  Now I just have to wait and see if BIL will be in town for the wedding, since he just joined the Army Reserves.  I'm hoping he will be. 
BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!

Re: WP Update

• Options
    Yeah your FIL is way out of line.  BM's are your! closest friends and family.  I really hate it when other people stick their nose in someone else's business!!  I am proud of you for saying no.  If she is still around and if you even like her you can always ask her to do a reading.  But I only would if you really like her and enjoy her company.  Otherwise she can be a guest!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That is awesome that you stuck up for yourself and said no. I wish I could do that! My mom made me have my brother's new wife (who I am not close to at all) to be in my WP. I had a huge blow out with my mom about it and she ended up having to be in my WP. So I sooo commend you in sticking up for yourself and saying no.! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am so proud of you for sticking up for yourself! Like PP's said, the WP is supposed to be about who YOU want up there to support you. It doesn't make any sense at all for other people to be picking and choosing who they want to see up there. I'm glad you stood your ground :]
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yay for someone sticking up for how they really feel instead of being a pushover.. so proud of you!!  Its just like when people hear that my brother is going to be my MOH (Man-of-Honor) they immediately ask if he's gay, which btw he isn't (and I woudlnt care if he was), they think its really weird and then tell me I should find a girlfriend to play that role. I just tell that they can do w/e they would like when they get married or that they had the chance when they did and leave it that.
    Once again PROUD OF YOU!!
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wp-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:892bc9b3-46d3-44ef-840e-75f177f671c8Post:302e6a6e-5675-467c-9a6e-3be44fa5f3af">Re: WP Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for someone sticking up for how they really feel instead of being a pushover.. so proud of you!!  Its just like when people hear that my brother is going to be my MOH (Man-of-Honor) they immediately ask if he's gay, which btw he isn't (and I woudlnt care if he was), they think its really weird and then tell me I should find a girlfriend to play that role. I just tell that they can do w/e they would like when they get married or that they had the chance when they did and leave it that. Once again PROUD OF YOU!!
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

I think that is awesome it just shows how close you and your brother are and that you consider him your bestfriend too :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you! I agree that the WP should be who YOU want because it is your wedding, afterall. I'm lucky that people aren't telling me to put anyone specific in my WP.

One question out of curiosity. Is your WP going to be uneven now in terms of BM and GM? Mine is currently uneven (5 BMs and 4 GM) and people keep telling me that my FI needs to find one more GM to make it even, but I personally think it doesn't matter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Good for you! I know how hard it is to stand up to FIL's so that is awesome!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WOOT WOOT!! Good for you for saying NO!!! Such a great feeling!! =)
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hahaha you're so funny! I'm totally proud of you saying no! It's not easy sometimes so good for you! And you see, everything always tends to fall into place as they should with time. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wp-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:892bc9b3-46d3-44ef-840e-75f177f671c8Post:3b6288cc-d880-4e7e-ab01-130901a89d32">Re: WP Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good for you! I agree that the WP should be who YOU want because it is your wedding, afterall. I'm lucky that people aren't telling me to put anyone specific in my WP. One question out of curiosity. Is your WP going to be uneven now in terms of BM and GM? Mine is currently uneven (5 BMs and 4 GM) and people keep telling me that my FI needs to find one more GM to make it even, but I personally think it doesn't matter.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

<div>It looks as though I now have 4 BM's and a MOH.  Hubby has 4 GM's.  He decided that the friend he asked to be his best man will be invited, but he doesn't talk to him enough to have him in the WP. o.O  So he has 4 GM's.  One of his brothers is in the Army Reserves now, so we're waiting to see if he will be in  town that weekend.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Madisonpenny, I was going to have a Man of Honor, too, until he moved to another state.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards