Missouri-Kansas City

marriage licence

So, we are going to get ours in a few weeks, once with make it to kc.  However i have a question for you ladies, especially the married ones.  The Clay county marriage site doesn't work, and i want to know:

How much it costs?
What kind of Id we need?
Is there a waiting period? (i don't think there is)
And where can we get the forms to fill out before hand. 

Re: marriage licence

• edited December 2011
    Yah, it doesnt load for me  :-/
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it loaded for me. Here's a copy paste:

*  Marriage license applications are taken from 8:00 AM through 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, except legal Holidays.
        * You can reach the Marriage License Department at (816) 407-3560.
        * Both parties must appear together to fill out the application.
        * A valid driver's license or other form of photo ID is required. You will also be required to show your social security card or, in lieu thereof, a recent tax return or other official documentation showing your social security number.
        * The marriage license will be issued immediately upon completion of the application, unless the license is being applied for more than 30 days in advance of the wedding date. If this is the case, the application may remain on file in this office for up to 6 months before the marriage license has to be picked up.

Once the marriage license is issued, it is valid for thirty days before expiring. (RSMo 451.040)

* The license may be validated in the State of Missouri only.
        * $51.00 license fee (cash only, no checks or credit cards).
        * Previously married applicants will be asked to provide the date their last marriage ended. No documents are required.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    thank you so much!  Idk why it doesn't load for me.  I've been trying for weeks.  Maybe it hates my mac!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah don't worry about filling out paperwork before hand.  Getting the liscense was ridiculously easy.  You show up, they look at your ID, you fill out one short form, pay, and you're done.  They didn't even ask for our social security cards, although they were supposed to.  I think it took us about 15 minutes on H's lunch break.  It's exciting though- makes it real!

No waiting period, but it expires 30 days after.

Stupid Missouri is so darn expensive...the girls on my club board last year were complaining about the $20 fees.  I wish!
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on the KS side of the line and their fee is fricken' $80! My cheap venue takes the sting off a bit, but still...
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards