Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Facial... again!

So I did my first facial peel last week, it was some type of acid peel to help with acne... I got it as a groupon in hopes that I wouldn't look like a 16 year old at my wedding.  Well I didn't really notice any difference and I'm bummed...

So now I'm going to try a prescriptive facial and microdermabrasion that I just bought again from groupon.  This one comes with a consultation where they will actually look at my skin and hopefully cater the facial to my needs.  It's kinda far away but it seems like a good deal-

I'm kind of excited!  I have until October 1 to clear up my skin!

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1608175

Re: Facial... again!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where was the peel that you did? I'm curious because I saw a groupon for a place near me last week, and I considered getting it, but I don't have enough time to try it out before the wedding and I'm worried that it could make my skin worse before it gets better. 

Do you see a dermotologist? I asked mine about getting facials and she said a peel could help, but to stay away from microdermabrasion. I think she said that for me though cause I'm on some topical meds that make my skin really dry and sensitive and it could irritate it. 

Let us know how you like it! I want to be more active in finding something more invasive to help my skin after the wedding. It's better with the meds from the dermo, but I want to find something for scaring and large pores. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAve you ever gone on antibiotics for a short time for acne?  

I had a small amount on my chin and my GYN put me on allow dose antibiotics for about 3 weeks and my skin is really clear now.  If you can get your Dr. to do they same I really rec. it.  
    Also are you on the pill?  You can change to a different pill as some are better than others at preventing spots.
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had a peel but loved microderm.  I really liked  that the redness didn't last long and my skin didn't peel off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i go to deme for my skin care, they have offices in center city and in wayne. they are so top notch i can't even tell you how wonderful they are! check out their blog at demeblog.com and their website is demeskincare.com - they are always featured on the news and in philadelphia magazine. i have gotten chemical peels and a mini melanage peel which helped to remove my skin damage! let me know if you have any questions. this is the real deal, not really like a fru fru spa facial.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards