Connecticut
Options

DJ recommendations?

I'm in the midst of wedding planning and scouting out photographers, djs, catering etc. You all know what I'm talking about!

Any good, affordable (under $1,000 if possible!) DJs who offer lighting packages & ceremony music. I got a quote from one and he wants $1800. That's crazy to me!

Re: DJ recommendations?

• Options
    Have you checked out Djae Melee? He is our dj,  we booked him right on the spot, and cant wait to work with him! We wanted to spend around that amount as well. We got an awesome deal on his all inclusive package including uplighting which I was super happy about.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I second DJ Melee!
  • Options
    Hands down contact Jae, he was our DJ this past weekend and he rocked it. Incredibly professional, listened to everything we requested, worked incredibly well with our other vendors, and basically made our life so easy because he took care of everything! We also booked him on the spot!
  • Options
    Also try Jonathan Ly, and Neil Roma (who is with Spin Enterprises).  They both could fall within your budget.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you checked out "The Pros" ?
  • Options
    Djae Melee again! 
  • Options
    DJ brother Lou.  My friend used their services at a Bar mitzvahFoot in mouthSurprised
  • Options
    I've read reviews for "The Pros" and they are horrendous. No thanks. 

I'll have to look into the others though, thanks!
  • Options
    I recommend Total Events, Its a connecticut based company owned by J Raven who does the morning show on 106.9 WCCC. For one sound system its $1,500 for the other is $1,800. It sounds a little pricey but J is doing my wedding and he is just amazing! So detail oriented. He wants to make sure us brides dont have a single worry on the big day! Go check out Total Events at www.CTproDJ.com. He was voted top by the KNot for 2012!
  • Options
    In the process of setting up a consultation with DJae Melee and set up and appointment with Neil Roma!
  • Options
    Have you looked into Music in Motion?
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kayla2536kayla2536 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I'm definitely thinking Djae Melee. He has a great package ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE worth 7 hours of music time, including ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, uplighting, wireless mics, extra setups, dancefloor lighting and custom entrance work, travel fees ETC (ANYTHING I HAVE TO OFFER).  Basically it gives you everything you need for the entire day. This Package is $1000 and this includes deposit. (Expense without package offer is $1,275+)   

This is just AWESOME to me. I don't know if I can pass that up!
  • Options

Thats why FI and I booked Jae right on the spot :) He just has sooo much to offer for such a reasonable price!

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I, too, am meeting with DJ's this week. We are meeting with Jason from CT Party Pros and DJ Melee. KFritz, can you show me where you read bad reviews on CT Party Pros? I am interested in seeing them and would like to be aware of what they say before I go and book with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards