Plus-Sized

Oh man! First time dress shopping and I said "Yes!" to the dress!

Hi girls!

Just want to give you an update on my dress shopping experience. Going into the day I knew several things: I really like sweetheart necklines, love both satin and lace, love a little bit of bling, and hate my arm fat. The consultants tried to find me things that either were on my list or fit my criteria. They also pulled some other dresses that were different as well. I'll show you a few of the ones that I tried on.

First stop: David's Bridal

Dress #1: Not one on my list, but consultant wanted me to try it on. I thought it was alright, but didn't have the sweetheart neckline I love and  didn't like what it did to my arm fat.

Dress #2: This is one that was on my list. I liked this one A LOT and tried it on another time before we left.

Dress #3: Also not on my list. I liked how light it was, but that's about it.

Dress #4: Not on my list. It was a Galina that was on super clearance. The flowers were too much for me.

Dress #5: This one was on my list, but didn't have a sweetheart. I liked the beading, but the style reminded me a lot of my prom dress from high school. It just seemed too "typical" to me. I  wan
ted something with a little more glam.

Dress #6: This one was on my list and I loved the lace and the fact that the halter hid some of the arm fat that i'm self conscious about.

Then we went to the Wedding Shoppe. I told the consultant that I wanted to look sexy and really showcase my curves. Some of the dresses I wanted to try on were Maggies, Allure, and Mori Lee dresses.

I'll save the best for last. Even though the first dress I tried on was the one that I fell in love with and made me cry!

Dress #1: Liked it, but didn't love it. It was too plain so she added the belt (which was outrageous!).

Dress #2: It was one I wanted to try, but I did not like it once it was on me! I wanted to try at least one poofy dress and after this I realized why I don't like them on my body.

AND...DRUMROLL PLEASE! THE DRESS I FELL IN LOVE. SOTTERO & MIDGLEY ADORAE!

^I'm crying! I didn't think I would cry, but I guess when you know, you know!

I'm so in love with it. I finally felt beautiful, sexy, and glamorous...all in one! It has that "va va voom" look I wanted to achieve. I know FI will love it!

What do you all think?!

I was told to order it in December for my September 2013 wedding. Of course, my measurements are all whacky...according to my bust I should order a 14, according to my waist I should order a 16, and according to my hips I should order an 18. The sample was a 16 and pretty much fit like a glove. The consultant said I should go with the 16. EEK! So excited and needed to share my excitement with my knotties!
Halloween

Re: Oh man! First time dress shopping and I said "Yes!" to the dress!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards