New York-Long Island

help, please!!!

Hi everyone (and congratulations to all :) !!!),

I am recently engaged and my fiance and I are currently looking for wedding halls.  We really like Fox Hollow and the Watermill and it looks like those are the top two places.  However, we are stuck due to several factors (aside from being painfully indecisive!): we have a huge majority of our guests coming from out of state or the country so a hotel is needed with transportation.  Now, the Watermill has hotels nearby, but we would likely need to pay for a large shuttle service.  However, the Watermill is asking for a cheaper pricepoint than Fox Hollow.  On the other hand, we like Fox Hollow a lot and a 'pro' to Fox Hollow is the hotel immediately next door, however a big 'con' which will be on my conscience is that the rates for the hotel start at $199.  Is this completely unfair of me to have my guests stay in an expensive hotel?  Also, any opinions on either venue? 

I appreciate any and all opinions! :)
Loraine

Re: help, please!!!

• edited December 2011
    you may be able to talk to them about reserving a block of rooms for a cheaper rate. Also, if your guests are coming from out of state they should be paying for their rooms. you just need to make the arrangements of where they will be staying.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Fox Hollow and they will do a special rate on room blocks for your wedding of 10 rooms or more. The rates do vary based on the time of year though, I got mine for $169.
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also having our wedding at Fox Hollow, how ever we are not staying there bc of their lack of a bar to go to after. We wanted to be able to go back to a bar and contuine the party after the actual party lol So we blocked rooms at The Four Points Sheraton on Plainview. We are getting married in May so its "wedding seaon" and it is $129 for a single room and I believe it was $139 for a triple. We are paying for the shuttle service the hotel offers its $425 but so worth it that know one has to worry about driving.  GL :)
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    there are2 hotels within a mile of fox hollow right on jericho tpke.

• RLwedding2012RLwedding2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the info!!  

To Schlagatermari-- Thank you-- I am planning on getting married in April ...hopefully they will give me a fair price!

To Nicole1125-- I was actually thinking about just finding a different hotel.  Do you know how far the Four Points is from Fox?
    thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    we had to  go to a few weddings at fox hollow this past year but never stayed at their hotel (too much)  we stayed down the block at that hotel, 5$ cab ride and the rooms were nice and reasonably priced too.
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The four ponits is Exit 48 (on service Rd) of LIE so I would say maybe 10-15 mins....not too bad..we had friends that got married at Miller Rigde Inn last year and they used them and they has the shuttle and all, their bar there is open till 2AM and you can even pay $150 to extend it to 4AM if you wanted.
  • kipektchikipektchi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Four points to fox hollow are very close by to each other.  You just have to go down round swamp rd to jericho tnpke...maybe 6 minutes.  Both four points and fox hollow are great hotels!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards