Rhode Island
Options

Texas & out of town brides - Tuxes!

I have a question for out of town brides, and particularly the other girls(I think there my 2 others?) currently living in Texas. How will you handle tuxes for your bridal party? Originally I was planning to go with a national chain (read as: MW) so that we could go check them out here (Dallas) and then pick them up from a store in RI. After seeing the negative reviews, I'm hesitent to go with MW. I'd love to use Carl Anthony, but it seems like it'll be a logistical nightmare. FI won't be in RI until a month or two before the wedding, and I don't think we can wait that long to pick tuxes!

What are you doing about this? Any ideas for me?

Thanks!!!

t

Re: Texas & out of town brides - Tuxes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm your other Dallas bride Smile

We're not doing tuxes, we're going to do khaki's and blue blazers. But if you would like to avoid MW, why not try another retail chain like Jos A Bank? I'm pretty sure there's a location right in Downtown NPT. 

HTH!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is there anyway you can make it up to RI for a weekend ? This is what we had to do in order to meet with some vendors ( cake tasting ) and also did the suits at Carl Anthony...

If that is not an option, give Carl Anthony a call, and speak with the owner ( I forget his name right now, but he is awesome !! ), and see what he suggests that you do. I know that once everything has been picked out, etc. all of the measurements can be submitted to Carl Anthony online via their website, and the guys can get measured anywhere ( however make sure they go somewhere that sells the same designer/brand suit/tux that you are ordering so the measurements can be taken better for what they are needed for )... this is what we were told, since some of our groomsmen are out of town as well.

I agree that you should also stay away from MW, and highly reccommend Carl Anthony !

HTH !! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NewportBride - I don't think you can rent from Jos A Banks can you? Where are you get your kahkis/blazers from?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband was in a wedding this summer and they got their tuxs at Mens Warehouse, everything was fine. I know that is not super helpful but, it is a positive for MW.
    If you are coming home at all before the wedding you could do it all then?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just was that you will be in town 2 months before the wedding, I think that would be plenty of time. Give them a call and see what they can do to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I remember seeing someone on the boards renting their tuxes there, but I could be wrong- maybe they bought them?
    Our groomsmen are getting their stuff from Vineyard Vines... love the store, and they also give discounts for wedding parties!
  • Options
    pmpkn219pmpkn219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was an OOS planner, although family based in RI.

My husband didn't go pick out his suit (the tan one) or talk to Dan at CA until 2 months before our June wedding. He did get in there before prom season as I recall... but it was definitely sorta late (considering we had a 2 year engagement!)

CA has a nice feature on their site where the GM/dads can input their measurements to an online form. Dan suggested the guys go anywhere and try on a suit, preferably by the same maker, but if not, to make note of the brand they tried in a box on the form (that way he knows if that brand runs a little bigger or smaller than the brand your fiance picks).

They were super accomodating as we scrambled to get the guys to go get measured and everything. The nice thing is, if the measurements are offon the day-of, I believe Dan has the stock right there in store, so he can fix things on the spot, rather than have to call in a  new suit/tux from a  warehouse across the state (or further).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards