African American Weddings
Options

5/7/11 Wedding Recap

Give you guys something to read at work in the morning!

I by far had a trying day, but even with all the stress it felt perfect!

Thursday 5/5/11
Bridal party BBQ - Hubs and I threw this for our in BP members.  It turned into a wild bru ha ha!  The bestman acted a plum fool all evening!  He got into it with on of the MOHs whom he is really good friends with, he dropped a F bomb in front of my mother and just really would not shut up!  Outside of that it was a really good time!  Everyone was having so much fun that the guys didnt even make it to the strip club! Win for me!  It went on til about 3am tho... and I didn't need that, I had to be al the nail salon at 9am!

Friday 5/6/11
We were at the nail salon way too long... however the day ran so smoothly! I wasn't running late until the very last minute.  It was 4pm and I was loading the car, still had to pick up my dress by 5pm then get to the rehearsal by 6 oops, did I mention that I had to check into the hotel as well?  Yea... these places are at least 20-30 minutes from my house!!  Anyway, I got the rental, threw some crap in it, then took off south to get my dress, I got there right at 430 and just my luck there is a big black dog sitting at the door blocking the entrance!  Now I don't fool with strange animals but he was NOT getting ready to come between me and this gown!  I grabbed an umbrella just in case he wanted to bout it!  And he didnt!! lol! I got my dress and hit the highway... of course to get caught in friday traffic!!  Somehow I still made it to the hotel by 530 and got dressed... hair was a mess! yikes!  the rehearsal went well... but it dawned on me that my wedding party was too big and talked too much!  I couldnt even hear the poor little venue coordinator!

next was the rehearsal dinner... which started late...why?  because the groom and ALL his groomsmen went missing!  All 10 of em!  I was soooo hot! They wouldnt answer my phone calls and that is not like the hubs... he knows the depths of my wrath... i finally got the Best man on the phone and scared the hell out of him... they were at freaking wal-mart...really!?

Dinner was ... awesome.  Outside of one of the maids sitting with the men!  Hot ass...  anyway my brother (the officiant) did a very short sermon and it was awesome.  I asked him to do this because the BP needed some calming! My aunts made all the food.  we had lasagna, shrimp alfredo, chicken alfredo and salad and  desert.  It was very nice.  I love them so much for that.  It was held in the small meeting space in the hotel where we and all our familiy were staying.

speaking of the hotel my room and the hubs rooms were right across the hall from one another... 007 mode all saturday long!  Anyhow after dinner the guys hooked up the x-box in the 3rd floor lobby and did their thing while the ladies drank wine and cracked jokes in the suite... it was a very nice night!

The big day!!
I had a 7am hair appt,yuck, my mother my daughter and I.  During this appt I realize that no one packed my daughter's dress!  LOL! I'm glad I remembered when i did since the salon is close to home.  this is when my day got...cluttered.  the maid of honor was freaking out over every little detail gone wrong, marcus keeps calling and they wouldnt let me answer him and let me tell u, he does not like messengers lol! I felt so bad :(  then to make matters worse my mom and I get in a HUGE arguement on the way back to the hotel.  After dropping her off, I really had to take a moment and breathe and pray.  I did not want to walk down the aisle with an attitude, it would have been written all over my face!  I was so angry with her, of all days why today!?

I went up to my room and the bm's had the wine on deck!  we all prayed together, cried a little and cussed a little... then we had to get it moving!!

We got to the venue on time, the rain decided to hold off and let the sun shine!  It was a perfect 70 degrees and everyone was happy and feeling great!  then... my stylist/aunt called she has a flat tire... AHHHH!!  Since Im a mary kay consulatant along with her, I had all the foundation for everyone but we had no lips no eyes or cheeks no lashes none of that!!  All the maids started pulling out eye shadow and lip gloss so that we could come to some kind of consensus and it was really coming together!  The photographer keep telling me I had to get dressed for pics, I was like Lady please you are NOT taking my picture with no make up on so you better MAKE-UP something else to shoot!!  some how we did get all our makeup done with a little time to spare!

I got on the horse and carriage with my mom, I was still pretty upset with her and I could tell that she was remorseful and we had to sit and wait for about 10 or 15 minutes just us... it was nice out in the sun with that gorgeous horse. 

When we rode up in the carriage it was like all the guest screamed!  They had no idea where I would be coming from and it was a nice surprise for them!  I was so shy walking down the aisle I couldnt stop smiling but I couldnt see Marcus either.  When I finally saw him it was like everyone else dissapeared for a while and no one was there but him and I... the ceremony was beautiful, he looked absolutely perfect!  Everything was perfect and I was smiling ear to ear!  Everyone looked so nice...ugh I could have stared at them forever!

I will make the reception short.  the food was great, the drinks were great, all the guest were happy, the dj was awesome...

the bp intro- each couple had to make up a little dance, they did great
we cut the cake, toasted, lit the memorial candle along with the father/daughter dance, did the mother/son dance, dollar dance, and the bouquet and garter stuff! lol then, that thunderstorm started!  thanks rain for waiting!  It was a great day guys!  and thank you all for helping me get to and through it!!!

please excuse all my typos as I did not proofread!!

Love Mrs. H!!

Re: 5/7/11 Wedding Recap

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I loved reading this! You made me laugh so many times! The big black dog, the walmart trip, the MAKEUP, OMG this was a great read!
    It sounds like you had a great day, even through all the little hiccups. Congrats!

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recap. Even with the hiccups its sounds like you had a great wedding weekend.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love the recap!
    KYPHILLY
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for taking the time to type all these details. We would love to see more pictures!!!

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recap.  I felt like I was right there while reading it.  You looked beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the recap... Can't wait to see all of the pics. Congrats on a successful day!!!
  • Options
    EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recap. I'm looking forward to the pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats
    www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recap and the laughs.  The dog and you saying the photographer needed to MAKE UP some photo to take because without makeup you weren't taking any pictures.  I so feel you on that one.  And yes, I would have taken the dog out too trying to get in my way from getting to my dress.  Shoo!!  LOL!

Congrats on your day Mrs. H.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome recap! Congratulations on your marriage. =)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the recap. Despite unexpected things happening, your day still turned out wonderful. Congrats again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great recap! Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love reading the recap!! Too funny! I'm glad your day was Beautiful!! Congrats also for crossing over.
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Love the recap really felt like a part of your day. Love the pic you guys look great. Congrats Mrs. and I cant wait to see more pics!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards