California-San Diego

Vendor reviews... flowers, coordinator, dj, etc.,

Hi to all you brides
When I first started looking I found the vendor reviews very helpful so, I thought I would do the same: (sorry its a long post)
- Dress - the white flower boutique - great experience.  I had gone about 10 other stores and customer service was "ok" with the other places but, with Courtney... she was great.  Private and great experience with amazing dresses. The only problem I had was dealing with the designer - they pushed my dress back months and forgot my extra fabric (it came 2 weeks before the wedding and I ordered the dress at the beginning of the year).  But, again, Courtney was on top of it all.  Highly recommend this store.
- Coordinator - Absolutely Events, Angie Metts.  Cannot say enough about these girls!  They were amazing.  I planned a wedding from 300 miles away and she walked me through everything, suggested it all, and make me feel comfortable.  Not only were the meetings extremely helpful and all the billions of emails we sent back and forth but, the day of was so much easier.  I do not have to worry about one single thing.  She took care of everything and if something went wrong.,.. I can tell you, I had no clue :).  She was great and the staff was great.  I would use Angie for any event I ever needed to plan.  Also - the vendors that she recommended were AMAZING!  Highly recommend!!
- Limo - Elite Image Limo, John Brattland.  Great experience.  On time, patient, very clean and such a nice guy!  He took us where ever, was so cool about adjusting the plans slightly and was so nice to my bridal party as well.  He knew how to get around and got us where we needed to go on time. You get what you pay for! Highly recommend! 
- Flowers - Posie - Leigh Johnston - I gave her a vision... she did the rest.  A little slow on emails but, I know I could have always called her. The flower bouquest were awesome! The center pieces were simple and she worked with our budget! she was so great to work with. I never felt like I was bugging her and she answered all my questions.  Very professional.  I would definitely recommend her.
- DJ - DJ Tasos-  Ok- i loved all my vendors but, he was just absolutely amazing!  We cannot say enough about him!  He was more than professional and acommodating.  Handles all the music and lighting as well so, we didnt hav to have a seperate vendor for all of that.   He brigns extra, extra just to make sure your day is perfect...his music is spot on.... he is a great MC (not one of those guys that likes to hear himself talk, or never talks at all)... We got so many compliments about him.  He was loved by all my guests.  he made it a great night and the floor was packed the entire time... people did not want to leave.  it was great!!  i would highly recommend him!!!   
- Venue - Candelas by the Bay - ok... so, this one is a little more difficult. Kim was good to work with... she was always very nice and helpful but, she didnt know a lot of the answers and the ball was dropped a few times.  After we had a conversation, things did get better but... my thoughts are either - they need to hire another event person because they just have so much going on that she cant attend to everything or, they just need to get more experience with weddings. My vendors even had a hard time getting the answers they needed and that is very frustrating.  Very nice staff but, I have to say, they need work on their communication (with me, or with eachother).  However - if you have someone that can handle those minor struggles (I had my coordinator step in)... or if communication is not a big deal to you (its very high up on my list ) or... if the look of the venue is more important to you than anything else... then the location is absolutely amazing. and I would recommend this place for that.  The night of... all the staff was attentive... the food was incredible...  and the views were just amazing!  My guests were blown away and kept commenting on how incredible it was.    I just wish that the months leading up to the wedding / behind the scenes would have been as great as the night of.  (And, Im sure its only a matter of time until it will be) ps - 148 guests is a very intimate squeeze, but it works :)

Other ideas:
- got my bridesmaid stuff and other hand made items on Etsy.com.... shoes on Endless.com (free shipping and return for up to a year so you can buy whatever and the return is easy)...jewelry at the white flower and nordstroms... registered at macys and Bed, bath and beyond (I was going to do Target but, heard their return policy is horrible and let me tell you - even if everyone buys off the registry, you will still return things so, thats very important).

Lastly - I would highly recommend a day of coordinator at the very least.  I cannot stress how much help it was to have someone tell me what to do.  It made the day so much more enjoyable and fun for me. I did not have to deal with anything, I would just say "talk to Angie" and it would get done. My family appreciated that too because they would enjoy the wedding as well and not have to pay bills, remove presents, set up, etc.  Its worth the $1,000 - I PROMISE :).

Good luck!!!! Its an incredible day.

Re: Vendor reviews... flowers, coordinator, dj, etc.,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards