New York-Upstate
Options

A Wedding in the Country Chapel

Has anyone used this chapel to get married in? Thoughts? :)

Re: A Wedding in the Country Chapel

• Options
    mm133123mm133123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a similar post to this dating a month or two ago.  I visited for in hopes for my wedding.  It was awful, awful, awful!  You can hear the traffic on the busy road from inside the chapel (very loud).  The chapel is run down (nothing like on the website) and the owner/reverand was so rude.  I left there knowing her entire life story, but she did not even ask my fiance what his name was.  I could not believe how misleading the website was, save yourself the time and keep looking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lindsfisherlindsfisher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I am using them (actually the owner's husband) as my officiant on May 29th.  So far, they have been very nice.  We are having our wedding at the Manion though, about 2 miles away from the chapel.  I was not very impressed with the chapel.
  • Options
    aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!  The website is very deceiving!  My fiance and I wasted our time going out to look at this chapel last summer.  It is rundown (paint is chipping, landscaping is not taken care of, the inside is dusty), RIGHT on the road, and I felt that the officiant was kind of rude. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at A Wedding in the Country. I chose the chapel because I attended a wedding there last year and I have to say it was beautiful. My friend said the minister was wonderful. I met with the minister and she has been great to work with. She answers all my questions and her website allowed me to select what I wanted in the ceremony. Yes, the chapel is close to the road but most of the churches in Saratoga are also close to the street and in town there is no place to park. The chapel has a big parking lot in the back and my limo will be able to park right out front.  Since I booked the chapel I have been talking to a lot of people about it and everyone I have talked to has good things to say about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards