Oregon
Options

Oregon coast beach ceremony & indoor reception HELP

Hi everyone!
I'm from Oregon originally but currently reside in Southern California. I'm going up this summer to scout venues and am really looking for some help, please! =)
Any suggestions of venues to check out would be greatly appreciated!
Needs:
Beach ceremony
Indoor reception site for around 30 people that is steps from the beach with awesome ocean views
...here's the kicker: we would like something secluded and/or as private as possible.
Thanks in advance!!

Re: Oregon coast beach ceremony & indoor reception HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We originally looked into having a wedding on the beach, but we eventually decided it wasn't right for us. When we were looking at venues, the only one I could find on the coast that was a banquet type room with awesome ocean views was the Inn at Spanish Head in Lincoln City. Not really secluded/private, but it's the best I know of. Good luck!!
  • Options
    southpaw97209southpaw97209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know of a few options.  Do you have a budget in mind?  Would you settle for an awesome view overlooking the ocean but no access directly from the beach to the reception site?
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people rent a house and then use that for the reception.  You can find great houses through www.horizonrentals.com
  • Options
    thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Pelican Pub and Brewery in Pacific City would work nicely for 30 people.  They have a private beach/sandy area that is reserved for ceremonies and then the banquet room is directly behind that area with large windows to look out onto the ocean.  The problem at the beach is wind and drizzle...be prepared for that.

http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/meetings
  • Options
    velocitygrlvelocitygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Salishan resort near Lincoln City (45 guests).  We didn't get married on the beach because of mobility issues for our grandparents, but we did do some wonderful pictures on the beach.   Overall, we were quite pleased with everything.  I'm happy to provide any more information- you can page me on the Colorado nest board.

I would also say that the Pelican Pub could be a good venue for that size wedding- the beach there is beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are planning on marrying on the Oregon Coast this August, and while we were originally planning on having a small ceremony on the beach (15 people), there were semi-expensive permits to get and the hassle was not worth it.

If you want to have your ceremony on the beach, I suggest having it done through a hotel on the Oregon Coast, since the will take care of all those details for you. 
    I really liked the Surf Sands Resort, in Cannon Beach. http://www.surfsand.com/wedguide.asp

Another great option (and where we have chosen to get married) is at a small bed and breakfast just south of Newport called, Stone Crest B&B. http://www.surfsand.com/wedguide.asp
    It does not offer a ceremony on the beach, but overlooking the ocean. And the have a backup indoor venue just incase it rains, because it is Oregon and you never know. lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, those are all places we plan to check out when we visit in July. Our budget is pretty flexible -- we're willing to pay for what we really want. An amazing view is really all we require, so it doesn't necessarily have to have immediate beach access. What do you have in mind?
  • Options
    thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Another place that is spendy is Whale Cove Inn just N of Depoe Bay, OR.  You could rent out all the rooms and the views are fantastic.  My stepdaughter just got engaged there this weekend and was so impressed with the hotel/grounds that she wants to get married there! 

Here is a pic of how her fiance' proposed...so romantic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that is gorgeous! congrats to them :) i will check it out, thanks for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards