Michigan-Detroit

intro/photographer/officiant

Hello!  Just wanted to introduce myself.  My fiance and I are planning a very small wedding, about 15 people total, for January.  We have not chosen a date yet.  We are hopefully going to have it at The Whitney.  Anyone know about ceremony pricing?  We are interested in a Sunday late morning wedding with a lunch reception. 

We do not have anything planned yet!!  I have been married before, had a big expensive fancy wedding, and this time around we want it to be more intimate and personal.  I am interested in doing the invitations myself (which are not really necessary, but really fun), baking the cake myself (I am an amateur cake decorator, have done cakes for people on the side and am hoping to pull it off, lol) and my mom wants to do the flowers.  I don't have a dress yet, but I would like to get an ivory bridesmaid dress.  There will be no wedding party. 

Main things I need are an officiant and a photographer.  Since everything is so small and low-key, I have a big problem dropping a ton of $$$ for a photographer.  My first wedding I had Amanda Williams since everyone raved about her, but I was not really super impressed with her.  I thought she was average, I was not blown away by her work.  

Can anyone recommend an officant and/or a photographer?  Thanks and sorry this was so long!

Re: intro/photographer/officiant

• geduftygedufty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! You'll find this board so very helpful. All the ladies are very friendly and know a lot. I couldn't have planned it without them, seriously!

We are using Rev. Linda Pratt from Secular Ceremony Services http://www.secularceremony.com/index.html
    She is so sweet and wonderful to work with. Everything has been smooth and she has given us a lot of options for the ceremony. Rev. Haas was booked on our date, but I am just as happy with Linda. They are very nice, and only charge $275 for any communication prior to the event, rehearsal, and ceremony. SO worth it!

We are also using Miranda from Inner Circle Photography. She is SO much fun and is a better photographer than I first thought. We actually won her free wedding photography contest last year, so lucked out, but I am so glad because she is very talented. Her new free wedding photography contest is running now- entries have to be in by midnight tonight. I suggest you enter- can't hurt! http://innercirclephotography.com/2010/07/free-wedding-contest-ii/
    Either way, her prices are decent as well. HTH! Good luck and welcome again!
    **My Bio** Wedding Countdown Ticker FINAL COUNT 128 image
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Rev. Carl Vogler -- info in my bio.  $375 for initial meeting, rehearsal dinner, and ceremony.

My photographer is almost $2,000....so probably not what you're looking for.  Sorry!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  I love small intimate weddings, and winter weddings can be magical - I think yours is going to be lovely.  Please post pics of all these DIY projects you have planned, we all enjoy seeing one another's creativity!

I recently met a new photographer who is very reasonably priced (wedding packages start under $1,000) - her name is Lindsey Price of www.lovellaphotography.com
    I used her for my boudoir pics, and they turned out so great, I hired her to do a "rock the dress" shoot just this past Friday.  So that first post on her blog is actually me, lol.  I think they turned out fantastic!  

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!

We used Reverend Fred Jolicoeur. I think his price ended up being around $400. He writes a ceremony especially for you which is very nice and a personal touch.

Our photog has packages that start out on the low end. The highest price package is $1500. I was very pleased with him. Our e-pics turned out great and I've gotten some of the teasers back from our wedding and they look amazing. The company is Kreativ Imaging. HTH!
  • jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Rev Frederick Jolicoeur as well. He is great!

My photog is very willing to work with all budgets and customize a package for exactly what you need. My pictures are in my bio if you want to take a peek. And we got our pics back in 2 weeks which was amazing! http://www.eolphotography.com.
  • amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i recommend plumsodaproductions for photo...they are reasonable and do good work:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I third Rev. Fred. If you need more info, send any one of us a message and we can tell you about how wonderful he is to work with.
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Check out The Camera Chick!  She works with all budgets and she is great!!!  I love her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards