Getting in Shape

HIIT Training

Hey all you beautiful brides to be! I've been on my wedding life style change for about 5 weeks now and am looking into HIIT training. Does any one have experience with it? If so, how well did it work for you?

I've hit a plateau and it's getting very frustrating. I know it's not about the scale, but I haven't seen the numbers change for three weeks now, so I definitely need a change.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
174 Want to Party image
56 Are Party Poopers image
31 Can't find the mailbox image

Re: HIIT Training

• I'm not sure how much weight you have to lose, but switching things up and doing some HIIT should definitely help push through that plateau! I've reached my weight loss goals and I'm focusing on toning now, but I do HIIT about 3x a week. I mix it up too by switching between the treadmill and elliptical. I love it.
  • I've lost about 5 pounds so far (I've been working hard at this since the beginning of the year). My goal is to lose about 20 more pounds. I'd like to be back to my college weight, which is roughly 135ish.

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
  • Just keep at it! Make sure to incorporate some weight training into your routine also. Lifting weights helps to burn fat, and it continues to burn calories even after you're done with your workout. All of that mixed with clean eating habits and lots of water will do wonders :)
  • Mixing up your routine will definitely help you break through that plateau.  HIIT is a great tool for mixing up ANY workout.  =)

I know its frustrating, but if you keep going you will break this plateau!
  • You guys are awesome...thanks so much for the motivation! :) The first workout was SO hard. Way harder than I anticipated it would be. However, I completed 20 minutes of 4mph/9mph intervals and I feel amazing now :)

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards