Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Monday Check In!

What did you get completed WR/NWR?  Pictures highly encouraged!  = )

Re: Monday Check In!

• jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This is the first time I have something to add, although it's nothing too huge. We toured the reception hall we really love on Saturday! It's the Profile Event Center (I'm sure you saw my post). Nothing is set yet but my fiance and I both love it, so it's what we're leaning towards!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    So much stuff :), but no pictures until I am finished!!!

WR:
    -Picked up all the envelopes from my mom for the invitations.  She addressed them all with her beautiful calligraphy. 
    -I dropped off 3 of my BM dresses to the girls. 
    -I made 2 of the 3 memory candles.
    -Measured my flower girl so now I can order her dress.
    -Ordered the other 1/2 of the GM & usher gifts.
    -Took junior GM to get measured for his tux.

NWR:
    -Visited with our godchild (also flower girl).  Hadn't seen her since April and she will be 1 next month...sooooooo adorable!!!
    -Bought shower and wedding gifts for my August festivities.
    -FI and I competed in the 'Most Amazing Race' for Salvation Army all day on Saturday.  We finished 9th out of 30 teams (5 hours and 14+ minutes was our total time).  This was our 2nd time doing this event.  It is so fun and I would highly encourage anyone to do it.

Wow...I actually accomplished a lot this weekend...it looks like so much more when it's all written down.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing too crazy, but I got the barette/pin that I'm going to use for my hair. I am not having a veil so this will look really great, I hope. It is kind of sparkly and has a hint of crimson rhinestones in it to go with my color scheme, since I don't have much else of red that I'll be wearing. That's all, though it took forever just to get that, since my mom tried to find about 832948 things when I was just happy with that one and was done with it. Heh.
  • edited December 2011
    We finished the vast majority of our invites (with the exception of 1 or 2 we need to check on) and today I ordered a few digital files from the photog so FI can make our cardbox. We are also going to get the marriage license tonight.

Other WR stuff: I stalked our registries, a lot. I can't help myself.

NWR: Saw Captain America, did a little home improvement shopping at menards, and did some cleaning. I layed around a lot and it was awesome. We took the doggie to the dog park and I think my dog might be one of the only dogs that doesn't like the dog park. Oh well we tried!

Also, finished Lord of the Rings extended on Blu Ray. Such an amazing movie(s). And yes I have seen it before.
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR:  I got to pick up my wedding dress this weekend!! My bridesmaids all ordered their dresses this weekend! I know it's a bit early, but the dress could be getting discontinued soon and so they ordered it now and I have offered to pay for alterations down the road if need be. 

Here are a few pictures after I picked my dress up!

• edited December 2011
    WR: Today I am getting organized with our potential venues. I am contacting all 5/6 venues to set up an appointment for our September visit. I am going to print out all of the emails from each venue that we have contacted, but I think I am also going to make a venue question list that I can take notes on while I am there so that I don't get them confused. Once I get to that I'll probably make a post to get some ideas of questions that I might not think of. NWR: FI (cant exactly figure out this acronym but 99% sure it is my Fiancé haha still new at this) anyways...FI and I ran some errands yesterday and we got him some new dress pants for our September MN visit. We are going to my girlfriends wedding while we are there and also taking engagement pictures and such. He is going to be in his 1st body building competition in November so with all of this working out nothing fits him and he is the WORST shopper! Excited that we found some! Going to also de-clutter my house today by going through my clothes and drawers and tossing things that are unnecessary...always makes me feel better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am in my final stretch now so I have to have very productive weekends since I didn't do much ahead of time!! So here it is in now particular picture order:

Here is an earring for one of the bridesmaids, they are all matching. I just added a hook to the top of the loop.

Necklace to match earrings. This is a crochet technique where you put all the beads on 28 gauge wire then do a crochet knot over the beads. I then made three strands and braided them together:

These are the bracelets my friend and I made on Saturday. I will be wearing one also. They are based off a Vera Want bracelet I saw at Kohl's but when I saw it I said, I could make that for a lot less!

Finally my mom and I made these purses last week from a patter I got online (click here). I finished the flowers on Saturday night and got those pinned on.

My mom and I also got all the fabric for the ceiling draping cut and sewn into long cylinders so I can put the lights in them ahead of time. My FMIL also got the river rock for our centerpieces and got that washed up.

NWR: Well I am off work today (in fact I only have 4 more days of work before the wedding...) to finish a paper for school that is due Wed this week. Tomorrow I have jury duty... I am hoping I won't get put on a trial since I have NO TIME for this right now... and I am starting to not sleep at night thinking of all of the things I need to get done in the next 11 days!
    Anniversary
  • Jo&Lo83Jo&Lo83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This weekend I have decided to try dying the crinoline for under my dress! Going with a yellow to match the bridesmaids...hopefully going to try this tonight so we will see how it goes!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WR: 
    Sent out the STDs
    Got the FG dresses in the mail :)
    Received the brooches in the mail to start my brooch bouquet!
    Decided on which way I would wear my sash with the dress
    Figured out how to get the purple tulle under my dress

Here are the FG dresses :)

• Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: 
    *I finally got to ask the rest of my BM's, including my MOH to be in the wedding! I waited 6 weeks so I could ask in person, it was great! And I also got to tell the rest of my family and friends that we're engaged! Finally! :-P
    *I said yes to the dress this weekend! I went dress shopping for the 3rd time with my BM's and my mom, and so it's the 3rd time I've tried on the dress, and it's def *the one!* It's a corset back, and I won't be having a train, so it's just the same details on the back as the front.

*We found our ceremony venue! And this time they told me it was availalbe BEFORE I fell in love with it. It's the Promenade at Black Bear Crossing in Como Park. It's 5 miles from the PEC so it's perfect location wise, and there's a waterfall right behind it for pictures!

*We also got to taste 7 different cupcakes from Sweet Treats by Jeff, and they were amazing! I think we are tentatively going with White Chocolate Kaluha, Chocolate Raspberry Torte, Carrot Cake and Oreo Crunch. Soooo yummy!

So all in all, a lot of fun WR checks! Yay! It's really starting to feel real, yippee! :-D
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, love all the checks & pictures!!

Janelle, love your dress!  You look beautiful!
    Emily, the jewelry looks great!
    Sabrina, those FG dresses are ADORABLE!!  = )
    Crackle, those are some MAJOR checks, congrats!  = )

The weekend was all WR for me...

Made the pleated totes for my BM & love how they turned out!

Also, had my first shower on Sunday & was overwhelmed with gifts & peoples generosity.  It was so much fun, although I really hate being the center of attention like that!  = )

Also, I just got the call....MY DRESS IS IN!!  Ah so excited & I can't wait to go pick it up!  = )
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    edited December 2011
    MikeNAndi:  How did you make those pleated totes?! Was it easy, because I am thinking of doing something like this for my BMs! :]
  • edited December 2011
    Janelle - They're really easy to make, actually!  (Especially since I've made 5 of them now!)

I just picked up a pattern from JoAnn's, which was the Pinafore Bag by Me and My Sister Designs.  I altered the design a bit & didn't include the fleece interfacing, handle tie & bag lining.   And I added the button & closure to the bag.  To do it this way, I got 2 yards of fabric.  I do have some left over, but would rather that, then not enough!

It's a bit time consuming, but that could be because I'm in a bit of a crunch!  You could totally make them & you have more then enough time to do it!  Go for it!!  = )

Oh BTW, all in all, I think the cost was around $12-15/bag, depending on the fabric, thread & button I chose!  Not to shabby!  = )
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! What an awesome idea!
  • JKcarlenJKcarlen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a sash from a girl online and received it on Saturday.  It's absolutely beautiful and will go perfectly with my Mori Lee #4507 dress!! (the girl I bought it from had the same dress as me so I know it will go with)  It just makes it more "real" and makes me very excited!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards