September 2012 Weddings
Options

Here I go again...

I am now back to another episode of "Christina's dress regret"

Of course, when I bought my dress, the salon put me on their mailing list. So, I get an email from them this morning telling me that they are having a 50% off sample sale beginning next Friday !!    I only looked at dresses that were $1000.00 and under... so, now I'm starting to think... OH!  Maybe they had a $1500.00 dress I didn't get to see that is now $750.00!  

So, what do I do, I make an appointment for 11am next Friday.  What the HELL is wrong with me.  Why can't I be satisfied !!???   UGH

Re: Here I go again...

• Options
    Stop looking C! Seriously, I just put those emails on auto-delete. I kept questioning myself, but I love my dress and at the end of the day it is still a dress. Plus your dress is probably beautiful :D
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree. I usually just delete the emails I get unless they specifically have something to do with the order I made. You will drive yourself crazy, especially once new summer styles start coming out and old styles go on sale!
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image
  • Options
    There are a million beautiful dresses and we all could probably love more than one so you can easily drive yourself crazy.  And of course the salon doesn't mind making you second guess because they might get to sucker you into a 2nd sale.  Pick up the phone right now and cancel your appointment.  I heard it on SYTTD once and while it is cheesy, it's worth practicing....finding your dress should be like finding a man.  Once you found a great one and picked him, stop looking!  I'm sure your dress is gorgeous.  Do you have pics of yourself in it?  I think you need to keep those in a place you can get to them easily (but FI cant) so every time you have doubts you can look and reassure yourself.
  • Options
    I'm going to agree with PPs. You are going to drive yourself crazy. Afterall, it is just a dress... it has no effect on your marriage itself. Just stop looking at any of that and stick with what you have.

I have the opposite problem. I can't watch any of those SYTTD shows or look in magazines because I like mine better than any. :)
  • Options

You are gonna end up wearing a straight jacket down the aisle woman! Maybe you should start looking for a sash instead... LOL
    Seriously tho, only look if you are really ready to get something else. I don't even open those emails. I do however watch say yes to the dress, but I'm very confident in my dress choice and have never seen anything else that even comes close to my love for my dress.

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012

Thanks everyone. I know I am gonna make myself nuts ( I already AM).  I am fully prepared to buy another dress if I happen to see one... I already went shopping twice, but never found anything that even remotely looked good on me.  My vision of what I think I want and what actually looks good on me are so dramatically different.   That is really the major problem.  So, I look at my dress and think... ok, it fits right... it is a beautiful dress...   and then I see these amazing flashy dresses... and I think, I want THAT... but, I go try THAT on... and I think... omg, I look ridiculous !!!!   But, I just haven't been able to let go of that vision in my head.

• Options

Thanks everyone. I know I am gonna make myself nuts ( I already AM).  I am fully prepared to buy another dress if I happen to see one... I already went shopping twice, but never found anything that even remotely looked good on me.  My vision of what I think I want and what actually looks good on me are so dramatically different.   That is really the major problem.  So, I look at my dress and think... ok, it fits right... it is a beautiful dress...   and then I see these amazing flashy dresses... and I think, I want THAT... but, I go try THAT on... and I think... omg, I look ridiculous !!!!   But, I just haven't been able to let go of that vision in my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards