Maryland-Baltimore

Officiant Recs?

Hi ladies!  I don't post too much on this board as I have been living in DC and now DE, but I'm getting married in Havre de Grace, MD so I thought you guys would have the inside scoop on the area.  Anyone have a good officiant to recommend?  We are looking for someone pretty flexible since FI is religious and I am not.  The ceremony is important to us (obviously!) so we really would like someone with a good reputation.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant Recs?

• edited December 2011
    Hi! 

There is a post a little ways down the page titled "I need someone to who can marry my fiance and I..." with almost the identical situation (mix of religious and not-so much) that you should check out!

I used Rev Laura Cannon because I am pretty religious and my DH is not.  She helped us create a meaningful ceremony for both of us and we could edit it as many times as we wanted until we were comfortable.  We got loads of compliments from our guests about how wonderful the ceremony was and she really did a great job of crafting our beliefs together into something that was a good fit.

Good luck!

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_officiant-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:63979d10-e294-469e-a011-86741d5b0583Post:bba9d695-11c1-4048-bdea-3df7a326ee88">Re: Officiant Recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  There is a post a little ways down the page titled "I need someone to who can marry my fiance and I..." with almost the identical situation (mix of religious and not-so much) that you should check out! I used Rev Laura Cannon because I am pretty religious and my DH is not.  She helped us create a meaningful ceremony for both of us and we could edit it as many times as we wanted until we were comfortable.  We got loads of compliments from our guests about how wonderful the ceremony was and she really did a great job of crafting our beliefs together into something that was a good fit. Good luck!
    Posted by kimbrout[/QUOTE]

<div>We're not getting married in MD (Destination Wedding, Baby!) But I would also like to recommend Laura Cannon. My friend is using her and she and I are now FB friends. She helped me a lot with free advice via FB message when my uncle died. She's awesome and I plan to start taking her yoga classes :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards