New York-Western

Vendor Reviews!

Hey gals! My wedding was last Saturday and I wanted to share some reviews for anyone still looking for vendors. Let me start out by saying that I had a great DIY wedding... we did almost everything ourselves and believe it or not the only minor "issue" was a rowdy bridesmaid and a "forgetful" DJ... so DIY really paid off for us!

Officiant: We used Rev. Denise Metzger and she was AMAZING! I highly recommend her. She is so personable and non-denominational and LOVES weddings!

Day of Coordinator: Jody Towner- I was very skeptical about hiring someone (our location was just that, a location... no one to "oversee") but I am so glad we did. She was a great help!

DJ: Dynamic Sound. Not so great. First of all, he "lost" my ceremony list and I had a major bridezilla moment right before walking down the aisle... A moment that should be amazing, instead I was livid that he wasnt playing a very important, meaningful song. I had to have the coordinator go tell him and then wait for him to look up the song. Then he didnt play the right precessional. Then he didnt play the right cocktail hour music. Then he didnt play the right dinner music. Then he played a completely inappropriate remix version of our first dance song and we stopped 30 seconds into it and had to wait for him to download the right version. Then he skipped the anniversary dance!!! Its true what they say that no one else notices this stuff, but I sure did and was NOT happy!!!

Venue: The Bond Lake Warming House in Lewiston/Ransomville. It was great! The view was amazing and despite my best efforts, the ceremony had to be moved inside at the last minute due to 60mph winds! But it was extremely nice and affordable. ($650 to rent for 3 days.. 1 for set up, 1 for day of, 1 for clean up) They provide tables and chairs only, but for our DIY wedding it was perfect!

Limo: Advantage Limo. Everything went smooth the day of. On time for every stop! It was a little "so-so" trying to coordinate with the owner.. He kept forgetting everytime we talked and 5 days before the wedding asked me when it was! Which made me nervous, but it ended up working out great the day of, and he was very accomodating and the ONLY place that was reasonably priced in allowing us to "split" 4 hours into 2 before the wedding and 2 after.

Cupcakes: Sweet Beginnings bakery- Awesome and very affordable!!!

Everything else we did ourselves.. Food, bar, linens, flowers, photos, etc. Hope this helps! Also, I have a ton of mason jars, bar napkins/straws and "woodsy" type stuff if anyone is looking.. and if you have any questions about DIY stuff, please ask, I'd be happy to help!!!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• edited December 2011
    I am doing a shabby chic wedding. How much are the mason jars? Can you post a pic? I might be interested in some woodsy type stuff...
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards