California-Los Angeles

Lighting

Can anyone suggest reasonable companies for lighting. I don't want anything too fancy maybe just some uplights around the room, but all the companies seem to want to sell me $1500-$3000 packages that would just be excessive.

Also, are a few uplights around the room enough to make the area a little more special then the typical ballroom?

Re: Lighting

• edited December 2011

It's cheaper to get a few uplights and place them strategically, but I wouldn't recommend getting any more complicated than that if it's a DIY. Try www.laweddinglinens.com/" target="_blank">www.laweddinglinens.com, they quoted me a pretty cheap price to get some uplights delivered.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • edited December 2011
    I think lighting is really important and I know it can be expensive.  However, if you are just looking for a couple of up lights most DJs offer this service for an extra few hundred bucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • susan00607susan00607 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using After Dark Entertainment, they are very reasonably price. I know a few knotties have used them, you should check them out. Our Venue is pretty big and we are paying less than $600 for uplighting and GoboLaughing
  • edited December 2011
    We got a quote from Jack Hou at www.tmmpro.com for uplighting for $19/light because our event is a Sunday.  His website says they are $28 a piece but you might get him to lower it.
  • jaswrxjaswrx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent you a PM in regards to Lighting.

Check you inbox when you get a chance.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards