DC

Why do Bands have Cheesy Names?

I've been looking at bands and I can't get over how corny the names are. They all  have names that make me gag every time I go to their web sites. I'm sure some of them are very good, so I don't want to call out a band in particuar.

Some of the band photos are even worse than the name. I saw one where the band was on stage in tuxes and sunglasses with purple and red stage lighting and a smoke machine. Ugh.

Do they really think that this is the image brides want to purchase?

Does anyone else agree, or am I crazy?

BTW - any recommendations for a good band?

Re: Why do Bands have Cheesy Names?

• edited December 2011
    The names are cheesy, and some of the videos are cheesier than the names!

Sometimes it's best to go to band showcases to decide.  Do you have a budget?  Don't forget that video is an expensive undertaking.  The more expensive bands do spend money on the video.  Some bands are completely different live.

We booked Millennium through Washington Talent.  I also liked Onyx, but they were more expensive. These bands can be booked through other agencies, but I liked Washington Talent as they have free showcases of their many bands.  I saw The Source (booked through Elan?) , and they were also very good.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggeston. I got on a few mailing lists and found out that Bialek's is having showcases this week.

I know what you mean about the videos. I have to close my eyes and just listen to the music!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards