Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bumble Bee Occasions

I randomly ended up at Wedding Wire today and noticed apparently Sissy's Catering renamed themselves. Just an FYI if anyone is considering them, you can find reviews for the same company under Sissy's Catering as far as I can tell. I'll let the reviews speak for themselves so this doesn't devolve into vendor bashing.
Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!

Re: Bumble Bee Occasions

• Options
    I wonder if this is the same company as the Sissy's restaurant that is opening up in the Knox/Henderson area later this week. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey Marissa, this is unrelated, but do you have another spot where your bio or wedding pics are posted?

I can't get your bio link to work and I was hoping to creep on some of your pics since I believe you are using some of the vendors that I'm looking at (cake and dj). TIA!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    roseofdeborah--it isn't. Sissy's on Henderson is owned by Lisa Garza of Next Food Network Star fame...I only know because we live nearby. It used to be Hectors on Henderson--we went there for our anniversary and thought the owner was interesting...

ejheart--I need to remove the bio link in my signature. I actually deleted my bio in a fit of scared frenzy after I tried to sell my dress on Craigslist and some creeper was trying to get pics of me with my face in them...eww!

But, here are some pics from the wedding:

http://jessicamooney.squarespace.com/jessicamooneysquarespacecom/2010/8/25/the-brightestmost-thoughtful-couple-ever-jay-marissa.html

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.852514651737.2460833.9635846&type=3&l=ca11e6101a

Not sure if you will be able to see the Facebook pics, but it is worth a shot.

Melody was my favorite vendor...she seriously saved our reception after the catering fiasco. And she kept the dance floor full all night--I still keep in touch with her.

We were really happy with Tabitha Ballard and the cake, too. I will say that I don't know that I would have given her a really intricate design to do because she was relatively new when I used her 2 years ago, but I haven't checked to see what her recent work looks like. And she's had 2 years of practice. The cake was absolutely DELICIOUS...we got lots of comments on it. In fact, we cracked it open out of the freezer a year later and it was still really good! Cant beat that! Her fees were incredible too.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    Wow, that is creepy. Thank you for sharing though! That cake looked amazingly gorgeous!! 
    Anniversary
  • Options

Stay far far away from this company!!! They are a sham and you will be out lots of money and they will try to ruin your wedding! This is the most horrible wedding planning experience and I can’t believe it happened to us. And we are still dealing with it. Let me start from the beginning…

The Orchard (wedding venue in Azle) referred us to Sissy’s catering back in February 2011 before The Orchard even opened. We were engaged for 17 months and I started planning immediately. I met with Missy and one of her associates for a tasting in March of 2011. We liked the food and the price was amazing. You got a discount if you used more than 2 of their services. And you got a discount if you paid in full. So we decided to use them for food, cakes, and flowers/centerpiece décor. And we paid in full. A little over $3,000. About 8 months later Heidi with The Orchard sent me an email saying that Sissy’s catering sold their company. I was very worried. I called Missy at Sissy’s catering and she ensured me that the only difference was new owners. Everything else was the same. In March of 2012 we went back for a tasting, as I was worried about the whole it’s a new company thing and it had been a year since we had the food.

This is where things get very very bad. The new company name is Bumblebee Occasions. The tasting was horrible. There was a new chef. I’m using the term chef very loosely as the cook was the husband of the new owner and had no idea how to create good food. The pork tenderloin was cut up and pan-fried. The chicken I’m pretty sure was frozen from Sams. The green beans were obviously canned. The chives on the mashed potatoes were dried. The cake flavors were different too and were horrible. Only a few options and they were dry. The icing was the same on all the flavors and very hard. We decided we no longer wanted to use them for food, but would still like to use them for flowers and décor. We asked for the money we paid on the food to be refunded as they have not performed any services and it was so different from what we paid for a year earlier. This was unexcitable to the new owner, Sharon. She said they relied on that money and the contracts that Sissy’s catering had on the books before they bought them out. Basically they did not have the money to refund. We had our lawyer contact them and they never actually had a contract with Sissy’s catering about taking over new contracts and did not buy our contract. So Missy is the one who would be responsible for refunding us. The only way we will ever get any money back is to take Missy to small claims court and make her file for bankruptcy as she does not have the money either. Needless to say we no longer wanted them anywhere near our wedding and did not want them to perform any services for us. This has been a nightmare and I cannot believe there are such horrible people out there who trust people this was. People who trusted them and gave them money. I hope no other Bride has to go through what we went through. Stay far far way from Bumblebee Occasions in Azle.

• Options
    They were amazing! The whole process was so enjoyable and as stress-free as possible! The food was outstanding, flowers were beautiful, and the overall decor was exactly what we envisioned. Missy listened to what we wanted and delivered beautifully. My mom and I are pretty particular, and they did such an amazing job. The pricing is beyond fair for how wonderfully they executed the whole process! I cannot recommend them enough! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards