Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

yeah I am bored today so WTH -- what are your Thanksgiving plans

Why not post something non wedding related. its kind of a slow day. My dh and I are cooking dinner for 25 people. I dont know how 12 went to 25 but we got there. My mom is making the turkey and stuffing and we are covering the rest. Lots to do.

Re: yeah I am bored today so WTH -- what are your Thanksgiving plans

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're travelling up to ME to be with H's family.  Yay...

::sigh::

I should be grateful that I don't have to cook anything, I guess.  I think I'm just grumbly that I haven't really seen my husband for the last three or four months, and I haven't seen him AT ALL for the last month (he's been at trial, living in a different state), and MIL has talked him into picking us up in NJ (ick) on Tuesday or Wednesday and spending the entire weekend with them up in ME.

I'm not trying to be a b*tch, I promise, it's just that I'd like some alone "us" time with my husband instead of having to play nice with the ILs all weekend, even if they are great people. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our family vacation to Orlando quickly changed to a trip to Kansas to see family.

Should be a good time, though.  The kids always really enjoy seeing my parents.

• Options
    hollsmvhollsmv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to Cincy (live in Cleveland) to visit my family and have as many final meetings with our wedding vendors as possible.  Also have to meet with the priest for the 1st time since we did our pre-marital stuff up here.
    Luckily no cooking...I'm in charge of beer and wine. Easy Peasy!
  • Options
    Dani3679Dani3679 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to Florida to visit my dad.  Should be interesting, him and my step-mom have very different religious views then me and my sister and they don't mind sharing their views! But it will be the first time my daughter meets him (she met him when she was 1 month old if that counts) and her first vacation.  So all in all it SHOULD be a good time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mollyfayemollyfaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First we have FI's  huuuuge family Thanksgiving (like 60-70 people...) and then to my cousins for our "outcast" Thanksgiving--our mothers are extremely religious and spend all holidays with their "church family" so now we do our own little thing instead of nothing at all. AND my MOH will be home from law school for the first time! Yay! Thennnn Saturday all of my female FIL's (MIL, cousins, aunts which is like a 30 person posse) go on an all day (9a-midnight last year!) shopping trip! It is so much fun and I can't wait!
  • Options
    mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to HB's family's side family..we switch off each year because his family lives 45 mins away and mine are in cincy (i live in columbus). We'll be in cincy for christmas eve...we travel too much :)
  • Options
    afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to Indianapolis to have dinner with 2 of my brothers, their Dad and Step Mom. My older brother lives in Orlando, but is a flight attendant and has an overnight in Indianapolis so we will meet him and probably do a buffett at a local hotel. Can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was originally supposed to work, but someone wanted to pick up the Holiday Pay Hours.

We are going down to Louisville to spend the day with FI family. We have taken to switching major holiday's each year, so we will be with my family in Columbus on Christmas this year, and then next year it will be the opposite.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Family dinner (22 people) at the beach house in Delaware!  Can't wait!
  • Options
    onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to FI's neice's for dinner. Fi has to work untill 11 :( as always. But the next monday we are going to cook dinner at my dads house and do our own after thanksgiving dinner there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards