Second Weddings
Options

5 days to go and it's insane!

Well, i'm sorry I haven't been on a whole lot lately. My best friend flew in from Canada on the 15th, and I've also been working almost every single day lately because we're short handed. I'm hesitant to make a sign-off post 5 days before the wedding but honestly, I'm not sure if I'll have the time to get on here after today. I work every single day up to the day before the wedding, and with family and friends coming into town, i'm sure i'm going to be inebriated with requests to spend time with them all. It's almost all done, I've got a few minor details I still have to work out, but we'll get it all done somehow. Today i'm going to pick up my engagement ring and FI's wedding band from the jewelers. I dropped mine off to be polished and cleaned, and FI's off to be engraved (had "Fill my heart with song" engraved in there, a line from the Frank Sinatra song "Fly me to the moon", which is totally fitting for us). Gonna pay off the wedding cake and drop off our cake topper with the bakery. FI's new glasses should be done by today so we'll be getting those too. Lots to do and not much time left to do it! :)

Re: 5 days to go and it's insane!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Enjoy your  day! I am also signing off pretty soon - 11 days only - and have been as busy working on the small but time consuming details aside the regular work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and best of luck!  I can't wait to hear about it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just remember to stop and take a breath every now and then! 

Good luck!  Laughing
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, so excited for you! Good luck, hope your weather is great, and you stop and enjoy every moment. Come back with pics!
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Remember to breathe, and take in the day. 

Enjoy and come back with pics!!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy the day.  Have a wonderful time.  You deserve it!  Focus on who has chosen to celebrate with you, not the others.  Look deeply into your soon-to-be husband's eyes and drown in the lust.  Breathe and relax!
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! :D I'm finally almost done. The only thing I have left to do at this point is get my boss to fix the schedule for Friday... we were supposed to have our joint bachelor/bachelorette party that night, and I specifically told her that I cannot work the closing shift that night but i'd be willing to work any other shift. She scheduled me for the closing shift. lol I did convince one of my coworkers to trade with me if my boss is OK with it, and if need be my other coworker owes me a favor because I traded her once when nobody else would, so I'm sure I can get it switched. :)

As for the wedding itself, we bought most of the remaining stuff today. I got our rings back, we paid off our wedding cake and dropped off the cake topper, confirmed the final payment amounts with my reception hall and all other vendors, and wrote out all the payment checks. I'm almost done! :D
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    edited December 2011
    Very excited for you!  Enjoy every aspect of the day and the time leading up to it.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope you enjoy your time with family and friends.  Can't wait to see pics and hear about your day.  Everything will be beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you Fireytiger! I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Can't wait for your recap and pics.....
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    edited December 2011
    *sigh* well, we've already had to cancel our bachelor/bachelorette party, because my two BMs assumed that everyone invited to it could bring their spouses, even though I specifically told them both that it was wedding party members ONLY, nobody else, because with spouses along would make the group go from about 8 people to almost 20, and several of them would be FI's sisters whom I don't really want there. And so they started having a fit about it, so I decided we'll just cancel it. So now they're mad because we cancelled it. I just wish a lot of people would grow up and stop causing drama that's ruining our wedding for us. :/ It's to the point that i'm worried I won't even enjoy my wedding day, because I'm so upset about everything else and so angry at so many people for being selfish. But, tomorrow is my last day of work before the wedding, so maybe after that i'll be finally ready. :)
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Everything will be okay Firey!  Relax and enjoy!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now you have just 2 days to go.  Hopefully, you're not here anymore.  I wish all good things for you now and in the future.  Woo hoo!  Have a great time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards