Offbeat Weddings
Options

Tell us like it is Tuesday!

It's time to vent about everything and anything!

Re: Tell us like it is Tuesday!

• Options
    I just got a FB message for a girl that I stopped being friends with about a month ago telling me that she love me and thinks about me all the time! Not like I don't feel the same why. I miss her like crazy. She was my best friend before she got what the word friend meant!

I can't stand my family and am sick of them thinking that everything I do is wrong! I am going to visit some friends in a month and I told my Mom and the first said she sais was, "don't complain to me about not having money". I haven't seen these friends in 2 years and they even offered to help pay for the plan ticket. I hate shutting out my family but everything I say and do is wrong to them....
  • Options
    I want a dog. Very badly.  But FI thinks we should wait until he is out of school and settled in a job, which I know makes sense.  But I really want one!  He has always had dogs, and I never have, so maybe it's easier for him to wait.  Also, he wants a puppy, and honestly, it's probably better if he is the one to do the training. So, hopefully in the Fall we will get a dog! 

"It starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing until you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."
  • Options
    GrauGrau member
    First Comment
    I want a job that had steady hours. I love my job, but since I am part time, I go from one week having 20 hours to having 40 hours the next week. It makes it really hard to budget, not knowing what my next pay check will be. Especially with student loans and saving for a wedding. Also, since the hours change every week it also makes it difficult to plan anything far ahead.

I also said I had motivation to get back to designing. Its more my fault really, but without a project or deadline, I really can't get into it. Or I start something (like my website), and than stop. And by the time I go back to it I change everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I know I have not posted here before.  My name is ~Tuck~ (Hi, ~Tuck~) and if one more person asks me if my final "to-do" list is complete, I may snap.  I still have over 3 weeks people, of course I am not finished with the "last minute" stuff.  Leave me the hell alone!!!

Thank you, rant over.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
     A little backstory, we're inviting everyone to the reception and only 30 people are invited to the ceremony due to space. I refuse to have any kids under the age of 7 at the ceremony, they just wind up screaming and throwing temper tantrums and that's not what I want to remember about my ceremony. 

So my FI's cousin has the brattiest 1 year old ever, I haven't seen her not throwing a temper tantrum. (She's the only kid that would be under the age of 7 invited to our ceremony anyway, and I refuse to have her there I hate screaming kids suring cereonies!). That and FI's cousin is just crazy in general, she called us in the middle of the night and told us FI's grandma was dying and wouldn't make it through the night. So obviously we spent a sleepless night crying like crazy, and the next day we went to visit his grandma, she was talking to us laughing and eating, she ws perfectly fine...not dead like his cousin told us. 

I was so close to not inviting her at all, but I invited her, her husband, and her bratty daughter to the reception only.

So FBIL's stupid fiance posted a status about getting her invites in the mail.

and then FI's cousin posted this in response:
    (Stupid cousin) Hey Jessie, Don't forget to put all of the invite in the envelope. You don't know who may get the invite without the ceremony info...If you don't understand this statement, send me a message!4 hours ago · Like
    (FBIL's FI) Renee- Luckily we don't have envelopes, we went with a seal-n-send. Everybody is invited to everything, so no worries. Thanks though!! =) 

Do I respond? Ugh, the last thing I need is her showing up to the ceremony uninvited and creating unnecessary drama. Oh and FBIL's FI was going to invite 100+ people to the dance only until I drilled it into her head that it would be so incredibly rude, and be like begging for gifts. So I want to slap her for her "Everybody is invited to everything" when she's the selfish snobby one. I just don't have room in my grandparents yard for all these people!
  • Options
    wow these are all very frustrating situations. 

VENT 1: i want to be engaged so badly. i know it's right around the corner. SO and i have been so good and so happy for so long and have hit a particularly high point recently. i am just out of patience.

VENT 2: work makes me crazy. right when i think i have it down, it's a board of trustees week which means crazysauce in the office. raaaar.
  • Options
    I have an interview tomorrow, and if I don't get the job, I might scream.  It's my third interview in a month.  

FI had one, and they said they wouldn't hire him because he's overqualified.  If he's willing to do the work for the pay you're offering WHY WOULDN'T YOU HIRE HIM?  WHY IS HE BEING PENALIZED FOR HAVING A DEGREE?

Sorry.  It's just been very frustrating.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    school sucks.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I agreed several months ago to go on a trip to with a friend/colleague of mine, and two additional friends of hers. That trip is about to take place in a little more than a week, and we have yet to plan or agree on anything.

I knew ahead of time that she was a(n extremely) laid back person, but I figured she would be generally agreeable to plans if I could convince the other two guys. Unfortunately, it appears that they are just as laid back and lackadaisical as she is. Now, it is the three of them against me. 

Their view seems to be that we should just roll up without any kind of a plan, and "see what happens." First of all, while it's not nearly as bad as its reputation claims, Colombia isn't exactly known for being the safest country in the world. Second of all, we're going to a predominantly Catholic country the week before and the weekend of Easter without booking accommodations in advance. Third of all, we only have ten days - we can only do so much during that time! If we want to get the most out of our time, we need to make something of a plan.

I have tried numerous times to explain to them my point of view: that we should really try to decide where we're going, and look into finding accommodations in the places that could be popular over Easter. They all seem to be pretty opposed to the idea, taking the "laid back traveler" approach. While I can certainly appreciate that point of view, I also see the importance of having a general game plan. I've really tried to explain this to them and it hasn't seemed to have an impact.

I guess I've tried, so now it's time to let go. At least if everything falls apart, I've made a plan B, C, D, E, F. Hopefully I'll be able to save our asses should something go wrong. I have to admit that part of me is tempted to say "OK guys, have fun" and make my own plans/accommodations. I have the feeling that if I do that though, I can say goodbye to my friendship with this girl. Our relationship isn't exactly rock solid to begin with. I'm frustrated and don't know what more I can do.

*sigh* Thanks, I needed that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards