Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Petite Wedding Dresses

Hi!  I'm just under 5' tall and starting to get nervous about finding petite size wedding dresses in Kansas City in a short time period.  We are getting married in July, so just over 7 months.  Also I would like to stay under $1000, but not sure how realistic that is.  I would love any suggestions!

Re: Petite Wedding Dresses

• Options
    I might be all wrong here, but as long as you have a great seamstress to do your alterations you should be fine. I'm sure you can find a great dress that only needs to be altered a few inches and in your budget. When you go into the dress shop make sure you tell them your budget. If that $1000 budget includes alterations make sure to leave a couple hundred for that.

David's Bridal has good cheaper dresses. A lot of people don't care for them because of their customer service and lack of "passion" (which I went there once for a bm dress and had wonderful service) but I would definitely make it one of your stops. Other boutiques that I hear are great (and I will go when I pick out my dress) are Ida's, Bridal Extrraordinaire, and Mia's.

Also, don't get a dress that has beading or detail at the bottom because it might get cut off.
  • Options
    I agree with PP, I think it's definitely possible!  Pick 2 or 3 dress shops and let them know that you're looking for a dress that can be altered to your size and you want the price to be ~1000 including alterations.  Mia's, David's Bridal and Rosie's have dresses under $1000 for sure.  I know some stores start around there so call ahead to be sure.  Have you looked in magazines and online for dresses you like?  Show us what you've found!
  • Options
    I am also under 5 ft and thought I would have a hard time. We are on a tight budget so we went to Davids Bridal. They have an entire line for petite dresses. So far we have had great service with the one in Independence. Recently I have been there alot, but they know me by name when I go in, and recalled seeing me and my fiance at a Bridal Show. So I have been pleased so far.

I am sure many other places in the area also will be able to assist you in finding a great dress that will work with your height!!!  Good Luck and have fun!!!
    April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary
  • Options

I am right at 5' tall and I found my dress at David's Bridal in Independence. As the PP said, they have a full line of petite dresses. The problem I found was that all the dresses I liked did not come in petite, but with a good seamstress (and they have them there), my dress will be perfect. Be sure you tell your consultant (wherever you go) that it is a concern for you and they can let you know how any of them will look either altered to your fabulous height or in a petite size! Good luck and don't forget to post pictures of what you find!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards