South Asian Weddings

Buying Makeup

Hi Ladies,

I am going make up shopping next weekend and would love to know what you wore on your D day.
1)Do you have oily/acne prone skin?
2)What foundation? Did you like it?
3)What lipstick?
4)What finishing powder?
5)Other suggestions?

Please help me out!

Re: Buying Makeup

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going make up shopping next weekend and would love to know what you wore on your D day.
    1)Do you have oily/acne prone skin?  Yes!  I washed my face with Tulsi and Neem powder, it has reduced scars, and acne problem areas before.  I use a Sephora primer to keep the oil in, and not affect the makeup on the outside.
    2)What foundation? Did you like it?  I have been all into Bare Minerals powder, I go with the significantly cheaper version, Sephora Mineral Loose Powder (Mat Tan 36)
    3)What lipstick? Clinique - Berry Licious  I like it because it's a shade darker, but it has sparkles in it.  I use Urban Decay Lipliner too - I don't like the names they have though - this one is brown, but it's called Roach!
    4)What finishing powder?  I use Urban Decay - Urbanglow - Brown Sugar
    5)Other suggestions?  I use Bare Escentuals Mascara - because it's waterproof. And it held up on my wedding day, through all the happy tears!!
    I also use different shades of eye shadow. depending on the color of the outfit...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't buy any make up for the day of but kept my MAC compact (in NC42) and a Red lipstick by Revlon (Can't recall the colours name) with my bridesmaid in case I needed it.

I washed my skin in the morning with Noxema (I have normal - combination skin) and applied Olay face lotion.

I believe my MUA used the following brands of products: MAC, Urban Decay, Chanel, Clinque & Make up Forever... among others.

Good luck!

• SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear Cargo - it's AMAZING. Lipstick, I go for Nars or Mac. I do have problem skin - or at least I DID. Boscia purifying cleansing gel fixed it - BEST. FACEWASH. EVER. And it has worked like a charm.

I use Nars blush too!
  • Trupti8584Trupti8584 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone used a bronzer or luminizer?

@Sonali.. Nice to hear Boscia worked so well for you. I might give it a try. I tend to break out if I don't use the "right" products and it keeps me from experimenting.
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used a bronzer - I tried it once, and it made me shiney like the sun!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, Bosica is amazing. My gay Sephora boyfiend told me to get it and I have been a happy camper ever since. If you are ever in London, be sure to pick up some Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Night Treatment Gel (Boots brand, at Boots pharmacy) to wear at night.

IT. IS. AMAZING.

Also a tip I'd give is a lot of people exfoliate with scrubs. If you have problematic skin, your acne will tend to move around as you move the bacteria around on your face! Do not exfoliate with a scrub, just very good products. Gels are a good thing for skin like yours if it is temperamental. So, no St. Ives!

Cut the soda and coffee and drink a lot of water and juices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards