Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Best dress style for my body

Hi there! I need help! I am a newly engaged and I´m going to look for dresses next tuesday at a Pronovias salon and i need to hear some opinions! I have a D bra size, relatively small waistline and big hips.. thanks for your help! Oh! and sorry for the spelling and grammatical errors, English is not my first language

Re: Best dress style for my body

• Options
    A-line is considered universally flattering.. It sounds like you're hourglass then? If you're gutsy, try on a couple fit-and-flares or mermaids.. Just to see :) You will be surprised at what you do and don't like. It can't hurt to try on different styles. 
    Also, Drop waist is lovely on a LOT Of body shapes, so I suggest trying one on too :) 

Have fun and don't feel like you HAVE to commit! 
  • Options
    Definitely keep your mind open. I went in sure that I was going to get an A-line and then I tried on a fit and flare and it was the dress for me!  I'm a C cup with a small waist and BIG hips :) 

• Options
    I have pretty much the same body type as you, from what you're saying. And I also went in thinking I would get an A-line, thinking it would be the most flattering and I ended up getting a fit and flair style. If you have a tiny waist, in my opinion it's the best style to show off an hourglass figure. But as the PP's have said, go in with an open mind, and try on different sillouettes to find the one that best suits you. This is where the consultant comes in; I found that when I let my consultant take the reins and bring me styles that normally I would not have chose for myself, I found some top contenders! Good luck with your shopping:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As others posted - keep an open mind and A-line is always a good style. In some ways I wish my body type would have fit A-line, but it looked ridiculous on me :( 
    I ended up having to go with a trumpet style/sheath.

Good luck!
  • Options
    While I don't have your body type (I have big boobs then no curves anywhere else, no waist, no hips, no butt) but the reason I'm chiming in is because your body type looks fantastic in a fit and flare gown.  I wanted one SO bad but I just didn't have the curves to pull it off.  So I'd definiately try one of those.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_best-dress-style-for-my-body?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:3f71a29d-6c75-4dea-b6c4-98e40a445649Post:aa26be5c-837d-4510-a064-90e44ddf385e">Re: Best dress style for my body</a>:
    [QUOTE]While I don't have your body type (I have big boobs then no curves anywhere else, no waist, no hips, no butt) but the reason I'm chiming in is because <strong>your body type looks fantastic in a fit and flare gown</strong>.  I wanted one SO bad but I just didn't have the curves to pull it off.  So I'd definiately try one of those.
    Posted by brookerich[/QUOTE]

I am curvy like you, and went in expecting to buy an A-line.  Once I put on a fit and flare, there was no contest!  I LOVE my dress and can hardly wait for my FI to see me in it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards