Destination Weddings Discussions

Is everyone doing OOT bags for their guests?

Hi ladies-

First of all, I'm having a really hard time finding bags that I like and are economical Frown
Second, I'm not sure if they are really worth it. Of course I want to give my guests something as a token of appreciation for coming out to our wedding but I feel that everything I would put in the bags (i.e. water, tylenol, aloe, wipes, etc). are things that my guests would already be traveling with so it's kind of a waste of moeny. Are all of you ladies doing OOT bags or did you have an alternative? 

Thanks in advance :) 

Re: Is everyone doing OOT bags for their guests?

• Our wedding is almost 2 years away, so ideas change all the time, but...

I think we are going do folders. Use nice paper inside and print up several thing.... area attractions, local restuarants, restuarants that deliver, our thank you note, agenda, etc. They will be getting a favor of some sort, and the bags are all so expensive that it just didn't seem worth it.
  • I bought plain gift bags at AC Moore (3 for $1) in our color and then decorated them myself with a palm tree stencil and some craft paint.  The total cost for 30 bags, stencil, paint and a sponge brush was about $25

We will include in them a personalized beer koozie, itinerary for the weekend, some area information, a little first aid kit and some snacks. (and anything else I may think of!)

Here is a picture of them (not the best pic though)

Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine from Target for $2.50 each, but got a discount so it wasn't that bad for me. 

I was originally considering canvas totes from Oriental Trading. Here is one they have for just about $1 each. http://www.orientaltrading.com/mega-tote-bag-assortment-a2-5_766-12-1.fltr?Ntt=canvas+totes

I am doing one per room unless it isn't a couple, then I will do two. I am going to do the first aid kits, and probably just some regular snacks that they most likely won't have access to (chips, granola bars, candy, etc). I won't do water bottles because we will be at an AI so it doesnt make sense to pay for it when it will already be there. 

When buying mine, I bought them large enough to put some stuff in, but not too large where I would have to spend a ton of money to fill it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did them and our guests LOVED them. We got positive feedback on them all week with ppl saying they used so much out of the bags. You can check out my planning bio to see what I put in them. 
  • We are but we're keeping it cheap. We're getting cheap totes from Oriental Trading. We're adding in itineraries, first aid kids, some cheap stuff from vistaprint with a picture of the beach we're getting married on (journals, keychains, and pens...i just order one at a time when i get the "free" emails). We're going to get a few drink tickets for everyone (cruise) and total cost should be under $20/person!
  • We are doing OOT buckets. We bought sand pails from the dollar store in our wedding color and are filling it with aloe vera, tylenol, maps, hand sanitizer, photo sharing cards, and last minute info on the wedding. When they check out, we are asking them to drop the buckets off at the front desk to be donated to the kids club so they won't just be thrown out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_is-everyone-doing-oot-bags-for-their-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:642877f3-9e30-49a0-9c2a-c4d3e247d19bPost:f1b8a0d6-c285-4a33-9e1a-4548fe1aa8c4">Re: Is everyone doing OOT bags for their guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing OOT buckets. We bought sand pails from the dollar store in our wedding color and are filling it with aloe vera, tylenol, maps, hand sanitizer, photo sharing cards, and last minute info on the wedding. When they check out, we are asking them to drop the buckets off at the front desk to be donated to the kids club so they won't just be thrown out.
    Posted by christinaandkevin[/QUOTE]

Aw i love this idea! Too bad i bought bags already...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_is-everyone-doing-oot-bags-for-their-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:642877f3-9e30-49a0-9c2a-c4d3e247d19bPost:f1b8a0d6-c285-4a33-9e1a-4548fe1aa8c4">Re: Is everyone doing OOT bags for their guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing OOT buckets. We bought sand pails from the dollar store in our wedding color and are filling it with aloe vera, tylenol, maps, hand sanitizer, photo sharing cards, and last minute info on the wedding. When they check out, we are asking them to drop the buckets off at the front desk to be donated to the kids club so they won't just be thrown out.
    Posted by christinaandkevin[/QUOTE]
     <div>really love the bucket idea </div><div>
    </div><div>we havent thought that far ahead but chances are that we will </div>
    Photobucket
  • We haven't decided yet, but we're on a tight budget and will have a small guest list, so I'm not sure they're necessary. Day-of information and itineraries can go on the wedding website or circulate over email.
  • We were going to do them, but we went over budget on a few things and can't squeeze them in now.  We aren't a DW in the sense that people are flying in and spending tons of money on attending, so I don't feel bad about not doing them.  We are only getting married 2 hours from home.  Some of our friends/family have been married even further than that and had no OOT bags, so I don't feel like it's something that people are expecting.  I'd love to do it, but really just can't afford it.
  • We did baskets with foods & beverages. Mostly staples because we had villas rented. We also put a welcome packet in there with all the information on the week/wedding/area. A lot of our guests did not even notice them the first day which was kind of sad =( And some had already been to the grocery store to buy the things I put in them. Wish I could of told them but I did not want to ruin the surprise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards