New York-Upstate

NWR: Lake George

Hi ladies! I currently live in the Albany area, but I recently got married in NC so I haven't been on this board much. But I figured you ladies would be helpful with a NWR question I have about this area: any recommendations for a place to say (hotel, cabin, etc.) at Lake George, that's on the lake??? I'm not from here and trying to plan a weekend trip. Of course I googled this and came up with tons of options, but I'm looking for some word of mouth recommendations to help me choose a place : )

Re: NWR: Lake George

• edited December 2011
    Hi, it depends on your budget and what you are looking for really.  Do you want close to town, remote, family friendly, bargain place to just crash?  Anyway just to let you know there are a lot of dated motels in Lake George that are perfectly fine to stay in but if you're not used to it can look a little shady when you pull up.  I'm having my wedding guests stay at the Ft. William Henry because it was close to the village and was the most like a hotel you'd see in other towns as opposed to a tiny motel.  It's not on the water though, it's across the street from the lake.  I've also stayed at the Surfside - which is right on the lake, but I think they require a three day minimum stay.  Have fun!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• molls332233molls332233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Georgian right in the village of lake george is very nice, and also the Sagamore in bolton landing  is spectacular, ive stayed at both places. (Sagamore is a 5 star very expensive resort, however it is the best resort on the lake). There are also a lot of great cottage rental places that each have their own private beach on the lake. Ive lived there all my life, so you can message me if youd like mroe info!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards