Ohio-Toledo

Wedding Colors Limited?

My fiance is a Marine. He's going to wear his uniform for our wedding. I want him to wear it, but it kind of sucks that I feel that my colors are limited to what color his uniform is to make everything blend together. What do you think? Am I limited by his uniform, or would I be safe to go with colors like silver, black, or light blues?

Re: Wedding Colors Limited?

• edited December 2011
    I don't think you are limited.  Just go with colors that will go with the uniform.  All the ones you mentioned should go great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pick what you like.  Do not feel obligated to make everything matchy matchy with his attire and nobody will even think twice about it.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The colors you mentioned sound great! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the PPs.  You don't have to worry about being perfectly matched, but the colors you mentioned would go with it very well I'm sure. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    I think those colors would look great with the marine uniform! I know he is the groom but even if you had colors that clashed with his uniform. I dont think you would notice as much as you think.
  • literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What everyone else is saying. Honestly... I'm thinking about bringing in several other colors that aren't even my "main two." I've also looked at pictures of people who didn't use a main color, and their weddings were still gorgeous and put together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards