North Carolina
Options

Dyeing Shoes

Hey ladies--- 
I think I've found the shoes I want for my wedding: Touchups Frenchie (clicky)

Unfortunately they only come in white satin (that is dyeable).  I have an ivory dress, and I'd be happy with ivory shoes, but I'd be much happier with the champagne colored shoes I've been dreaming about.  So, I would like to get them dyed to a champagne or light gold color.  Do you have suggestions on where I can get this done?  I have no clue how to even get started doing it myself at home so I'd rather trust this to a professional.  None of the online shoe websites seem to offer the service as far as I can tell (I've checked zappos.com, 6pm.com, endless.com, shoes.com, and shoebuy.com).  I've also checked on the touch-ups shoes website.  Any ideas on what it would cost to get this done with shoes that I purchase elsewhere?  

They don't have these shoes at David's bridal, or Payless Shoes, and both of those places require that the shoes be purchased there for the inexpensive dye job. (I don't mind buying DB shoes, but I REALLY love these shoes).  I found them online with shoebuy.com, and they're running a sale right now too!   Any help for getting shoes dyed would be appreciated!!!  Thanks.  :-) 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Dyeing Shoes

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What area are you in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, sorry -- I'm in Durham, but I'm willing to drive within about 2 hours depending on the service.  Forgot to post in OP.  Tried to get everything I could think of.  whoops! :-) Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Update: I've called Butler Shoe Repair in Durham and they charge $20 to dye new shoes.  Is this normal?  Anyone found a better price elsewhere? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards