North Carolina
Options

(I'm Back) A Bridal World-Raleigh NC

Hey I know I have been MIA for the longest time!! Most of you are married (congrats by the way!!!)

I was looking at dresses at A Bridal World in Raleigh NC and I found  a knockoff of a designer dress of which I really Really really love but the designer dress is too expensive for me to ask of my bmaids to spend ($400). Anyway A Bridal World refuses to tell me who makes the dress (its the whole I'm private collection b/s)

I'm very very concerned that this is a little shady. Also, they refused to let me take a picture of my bmaid in a dress but I snuck a picture of their catologue so I could remember which dress I wanted. This knockoff dress is only a 1/4th of the price of the desginer dress which is wonderful.

Any feedback much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Ginger

Re: (I'm Back) A Bridal World-Raleigh NC

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Is the A Bridal World the one up by Triangle Town Center? If it is, that's where I found my dress, but ended up ordering through an online site due to discounting.

Again, if it's the same shop, they also wouldn't let me take a picture, but I remembered the designer so that's how I was able to get the same dress.

As far as knock-offs go. . I'll be blunt and honest. . yes, I loveeee deals and am all about discounts and coupons, but I really dislike knockoffs. I feel it stealing from the designer and their artistic ability, but again, budgets are crunched and everyone loves a deal.

Edit: This is the same location where I found my dress at. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's my belief that if it doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling, you shouldn't give it your money. 

Ask your bridesmaids what their budget is, then only look at dresses that fit their budget, unless you're willing to pay the excess. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agree with mary...
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses - but they will be in BLACK!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I went to A Bridal World to look at bridesmaid dresses too, but it was because I had found a Pretty Maids dress online that I liked and they are a retailer. They don't list them as Pretty Maids dresses because Pretty Maids operates differently than other designers - the store has to buy the collection or something. Anyhow, I know a LOT of the dresses there are Pretty Maids. Check this website to see if the dress you were looking for is there:

I know Bridal Mart carries the line too but they are in a section of the store marked "Bridal Mart" I wouldn't worry too much about it being shady, as I think this is just the standard for this collection. Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the replys!!

Ok so the dress is slightly different than the designer dress but its too close for me to really care.  But $400 is way to expensive and I know that.  I already have seen other dresses that look similar but they are discontinued boo! I knew I could find similar styles.

This is THE DRESS thanks so much letting me know about that website. I found it on the first page of BM dresses.  I feel so much better about having my BMs make this purchase now.  I just got a weird vibe on the shop not the dress.

I may even try to find it elsewhere :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards