Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

More than cake??

I want some other dessert besides the wedding cake. But I cant decide ! Help!!

Re: More than cake??

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted candy bar because I am usually too full for desserts and when I go a wedding, I really just want wedding cake.  If you have a candy bar it can double as a favor for people to take home.  JMO.
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My concern with a DIY cupcake bar was that it would get messy fast!  I think in theory it's cute, but I'm foreseeing cupcake crumbs mixed in with the frosting, frosting smeared everywhere, etc.  I like either the pies or the dessert assortment.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with the messy comment with the cupcakes. Sure, it'll look cute in the beginning, but that place will get ugly fast.

As for the other options, while I loooove pies, I think, if you're serving cake, it'll be too much food. Candy bars are fun and would let guests take stuff home with them.
  • Options
    lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love the IDEA of a cupcake bar, but i am not sure people will want to get messy in their dress clothes. i think a candy bar is easier for guests. and like a PP said, they can take it home if they are too full from dinner/cake.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's about the DIY cupcake bar getting messy. Plus if you're having cake, people don't need cupcakes as well. We had a candy buffet and our guests loved it. They still talk about it and how fun it was, plus they were able to eat some candy then if they wanted to and take whatever else home for later.
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a cupcake bar, but it sounds like it could get messy and chaotic.

What about a DIY cookie bar? Or a DIY brownie bar? Less crumbs and the lines tend to move faster.
    Or you could go with the candy bar, that one usually always goes over well. Or just a bunch of desserts?

The possibilities are endless lol.

• Options
    HiddenPawHiddenPaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about a sundae bar?  A classic do-it-yourself dessert if you want some personalization possibilities.
  • Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A cookie table? My wedding is in Pittsburgh where having one is a huge tradition at weddings (here's a link to a New York Times article about it, explaining the history and significance behind it: 

We had about eight different kinds of cookies, two tables with linen table cloths to match our colors. I also put out a half of dozen different style green candies (one of our colors) in martini glasses to complement the look. The cookie table was a big hit not to mention people being happy that they could take home cookie doggie bags as well. 

My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards