Ohio-Cincinnati

I bought my dress!! (Plus Review of Bridal and Formal)

Hi ladies!

It has been one emotional and hectic week!  Not only was my mother in town to take care of lots of wedding planning, but we're also moving tomorrow.  Because of my generally indecisive nature, I assumed that the first round of dress shopping wasn't going to be especially productive.  However, my mom, FMIL and I had a *great* experience with Bridal and Formal.  I was nervous given that some of the reviews I had read had been less than stellar.  We arrived around 9 on Saturday morning and waited for the doors to open.  Apparentally, the store was hosting a trunk show for Marisa, a New York designer.  It was PACKED. 

We managed to get through the crowds and we scheduled to work with Ruth.  I cannot say enough about her.  She was incredibly patient, kind and positive.  We pulled dresses by designers I had my eye on (mostly Pronovias, Vera Wang and Judd Waddell).  Ruth pulled a few additional dresses once she had an idea of my sense of style.

The "open" dressing room wasn't as hectic and cringeworthy as I thought it might be.  Once I was in my slip and full length bra, it wasn't too big of a deal. I tried on a few dresses that I was sure I'd love, but none of them had any special impact. My opinion was generally "this feels too poufy" or "there is way too much tulle/netting".  Ruth had me try on one of the dresses she pulled, which was a Jim Hjelm.  As soon as she zipped me up, the waterworks started.  I was crying and my mom was crying.  The manager (didn't catch her name) brough us tissues.

What really made the experience stand out was the fact that once I selected the dress, I was able to go over to their accessory store and try out different veils, shoes and jewelry.  Now, I know that this is simply a smart business strategy, but it was great to have the option to accessorize to get a better idea of the overall look.

The dress I selected is this one:

I'm having the sash made into a belt, to avoid competition with my veil.  Sorry for the lengthy post - I'm just so excited!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I bought my dress!! (Plus Review of Bridal and Formal)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards