Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

RD invite - separate or insert

We are only able to invite people who will actually need to be at the rehearsal (WP, readers, musicians) and our parents/grandparents/godparents as that already reaches about 50 people.

For those people, can we just include a RD card - like an insert - in with the invitation, or would you recommend sending it out separately?
Since most of them need to be at the rehearsal, can we put rehearsal info on there too...for instance, what time they need to be at the church?

Re: RD invite - separate or insert

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin sent it out separately.  I didn't vote because I have no idea what we will be doing for it, nor do I know the "correct" way. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did our in another mailing since I didn't want that info to get lost in the shuffle of opening the invite.

However, when I asked this same question on another board I got the response that it was more than fine.

So whatever you want!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out separately. I adore stationery, so it as no question. I used Navy envelopes with silver ink. I loved the combo so much, I used the same for our Thank Yous.

Zuma Zoom
  • Options
    Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out separately as well.   I mailed them out closer to the wedding date and with a timeline/itinerary and other details for the WP like the tux measurement cards, copies of the readings for the readers, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're sending ours separately. Well, FI's parents are sending the RD invitations. FI's parents are hosting the RD, so I wanted them to be able to take ownership of that. (FMIL doesn't have any daughters, so I think she likes to be involved with her sons' weddings in any way she can!)

Plus, I wanted our RD to be more informal than our formal wedding. So I wanted to use a completely different stationery for the RD invites to convey that it's more of a low-key restaurant thing.
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours separately - made them all fun and cute.  I actually got an invitation set from Target and just used the parts I needed.  I figured I'd use the rest for a party sometime so it wasn't a waste of $$.  I didn't send out those invites until about 3 weeks before hand and since invites usually go out earlier, that is a lot of stuff to keep tabs on that far out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what FI's parents will decided to do but I know it would not be done in time to send with the invites.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditionally, they are separate.  Mostly because they are traditionally hosted by different sides of the family.  The wedding by the bride's family, and the RD by the groom's...

Which gives me more freedom with the RD invitations than I've had with the wedding stationary... woo hoo!

But if it's all hosted by you two, I don't think it matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards