Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Father daughter dance

So my mother wants me to do dance with my step dad. Keep in mind me real father will be there to walk me down the isle etc but my mom thinks it would be a sweet gesture to dance with step dad as well.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work but at the same time not take away from my real fathers experience.
What do you guys think about maybe starting a dance with step dad and also asking for mother and groom to dance with us. then we can knock out two dance with one song and my dad can have his moment with me for a whole song by ourselves...
Anyone else having a dad and step dad attending and going through this issue too lol

Re: Father daughter dance

• Options
    I have seen this done two ways. Having two whole separate songs is okay, but it gets a little tedious for your guests. I think a good way to do this is to have your biodad hand you off to your step dad when there is about one minute left of the father/daughter song. That way your dad sitll gets to dance with you for the majority of the time, and stepdad gets his moment with you too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have this same dilemma. I've considered the same 'hand off' option for the dance. I think it's a good idea. On the other hand, I'm not even sure about which approach I want to take when walking down the isle. Who walks me? One or the other? Both? Half and half? Not sure! Either way, I notice you said that it was your mother who wants you to dance with your step father, this too hits close to home! It's important for us to remember that this is our day, and ultimately we need to do what we feel is right for us! :) Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards