Indiana

Brides maids

I asked my sister to be my maid of honor. She said that she would not be in my wedding (due to anger issues is what she said?). What is the appropriate response? I love my sister and have been trying for years to build a relationship with her. I anticipate my other sister turning me down too. I don't want to do anything out of anger. Just not sure how I'm supposed to react. Feeling a bit hurt and I don't want this to have a negative effect on our wedding day. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Brides maids

• twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry your sister said no!  However, you'll just have to let it go and move on.  If you're trying to rebuild a relationship, asking them to be a bridesmaid can sometimes be a stressor and have a negative effect from what I've read on other boards here.  Just focus on the relationship outside of the wedding planning, and if it gets stronger closer to the wedding, maybe you can ask her to give a reading.  Do you have any close friends who you could ask to be your BMs and MOH?  

Best of luck planning, and welcome to the Indiana board!  When is your wedding and what part of Indiana are you getting married in?  I'm June 18th, 2011 in the South Bend area!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • Hannahshea85Hannahshea85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding date is June 23, 2012. We are getting married in Evansville, IN.  Fortunately, my fiance's cousin has already agreed to be my maid of honor, and one of my best friends and my sister-in-law have both agreed to be bridesmaids.  Thank you for your kind words. =)
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry your sister said no. It sounds like she's working on quite a few things herself  and, like PP said, it may just be an additional stressor. It's really great that you're working so hard to rebuild the relationship, and this just may be another step in that.

It's great that you have other girlfriends who will be standing up for you in your wedding. It doesn' t mean that your sister loves you any less or is any less happy for you; but some people can be stressed or overwhelmed by a wedding, and she may have just had to say no for her. I know you're disappointed, but you will just have to let it go and move forward. You have a good attitude about it!

Congratulations, and welcome to the Indiana board!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards