Florida-North Florida
Options

Beach wedding on FWB, Seaside or anywhere along 30A...HELP!!!

I'm newly engaged and trying to pick a location.  My fiance and I want to get married on the beach, but we want to keep it casual, informal and inexpensive.  (Looks like we'll have about 60 guests)  We would like a secluded beach, not too touristy, is that possible?!  I hear the beaches are beautiful down there (I'm in TN) Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! 

Re: Beach wedding on FWB, Seaside or anywhere along 30A...HELP!!!

• Options
    dls06ddls06d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A little known place my family and I go to is called St. George Island. It's off the gulf coast of Florida and is beautiful!! I have been within the past month and there is no oil whatsoever. The hotels aren't the nicest in the world but its a beautiful location and would be perfect for a casual destination wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on Okaloosa Island FW, but there is a public acces beach--no charge along the emeral coast-net to Henderson State Park-which is an inexpensive option.  Bring your own food/bev and save. Hope it work out.  I have been there 4 times as my wedding is in Sept at Holiday Inn-pkg for food/rental/pics/dj $3995
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've seen you can rent beach houses in navvarre.. and then have the ceremony on the private beach there... :) hope that helps.... :)
  • Options
    michelle7227michelle7227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! 
  • Options
    mnidrvrmnidrvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We rented a pavillion at Henderson Beach for the entire day, and it was great.  by the time of the wedding 7:15, the beach area was empty but for our party. 
    it was exactly what we wanted, casual and fun. 
    We also used Florals By the Sea in Destin, they brought out the arch and chairs, and did a fantabulus job with the bouquets.  can not recommend them enough!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our ceremony/reception down there. It's part of the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, but separate from the resort. We'll have the ceremony on the beach and then the reception will be at FINZ Beachside Grille. We're renting out the loft, which fits 60 people. I live in Missouri, so it was kind of a blind choice, but it was very reasonably priced and they've been very helpful so far. Here is a link to a picture of the inside: http://weddingphotographerdestinblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/LJ0T3616.jpg
    You can also go to http://www.sandestin.com/Weddings/PhotoGallery.aspx (click on Finz loft)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Bentley's on the Bay in Santa Rosa Beach!  It is beautiful and the girls that work there are always so helpful!  If you need any other vendors in the area please let me know! 
  • Options
    elissa81elissa81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We rented a private beach front house to stay at and have the wedding with a small reception (about 50 people total) in Destin 
    We had control of what happened to the beach in front of our house and the guests
    felt like they were home after the wedding 
    Good Luck !

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am also in TN and planning a wedding in FL. We are getting married in Santa Rosa Beach on 30A in May 2011. I am working with Heather Weatherall at Weatherall Fine Art and so far she has been wonderful! We are also having a wedding of about 60 people and I think her packages are very reasonable compared to other options in the area!
  • Options
    kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bentley's on the Bay was absolutely beautiful for my cousins wedding! And her photographer was amazing! www.sarah-jordan-photography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards