South Carolina
Options

Myrtle beach help!

Hi Ladies! I am planning a beach wedding in Myrtle beach in July 2012...from OHIO!

We have rented a beach house and are planning a low key beach ceremony on the beach with a reception for approx 30-40 family and friends in the beach house/backyard area. Nothing fancy.
 My questions are:
 Does anyone have a good reccomendation for caterer ? (looking bbq style, or low country foods in particular)

Any reccomendations for a baker for a small cake and cupcakes?

Also looking for a good rental company for chairs, maybe a few tables, and for a tent.

Any help at all would be wonderful- from general knowledge about the area to answers to the above questions!
Thanks ladies!

Katie

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Myrtle beach help!

• Options
    I am also getting married down there (Murrell's Inlet, Litchfield Beach area)  on July 21!  For my baker I'm using Incredible Edibles. For your rental needs you could use Rent A Party and for a caterer you could try Care Free Catering.

I'm using an awesome wedding planner, in case you find you need help with your planning here's her website.  http://www.weddingsatpawleys.com

Hopefully this helps
    Happy Planning
  • Options
    Katie - "Myrtle Beach" itself doesn't allow any commercially produced weddings on the beach, so no chairs, no arch, and no photographers. We live down here, and I found that out when I started planning. Pawley's Island, Murrells Inlet, and other outlying towns considered part of Myrtle Beach do allow them, but make sure to check, so you don't find out the hard way! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_myrtle-beach-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:1cf71e4f-70af-4cfd-bad3-cd6c53a00f63Post:04b2f8d0-5b93-47c7-9b56-adc3cb1d2f27">Re: Myrtle beach help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Katie - "Myrtle Beach" itself doesn't allow any commercially produced weddings on the beach, so no chairs, no arch, and no photographers. We live down here, and I found that out when I started planning. Pawley's Island, Murrells Inlet, and other outlying towns considered part of Myrtle Beach do allow them, but make sure to check, so you don't find out the hard way! 
    Posted by Pplumadore[/QUOTE]

Myrtle Beach doesn't, but North Myrtle Beach does.

OP-Where is the beach house located? I'm from Pittsburgh and we also rented a beach house in NMB for a ceremony/reception.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    kt711kt711 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We are staying in North Myrtle Beach so I should be ok, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    leffingleffing member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm getting married in North Myrtle in April, and we're using a cake baker who is just getting started with her fiance who is a pastry chef out of their home (I think she actually bakes at her church). The website is: www.sweetcarolinabakery.weebly.com

Their email: sweetcarolinabakery@gmail.com

I didnt realize that wedding cakes were sold by the serving, not the complexity of the cake. So, the average price is $5 a serving in Myrtle Beach; however, this baker only charge $2 a serving. Her name is Alycia and she's super friendly and easy to work with!

Hope this helps!
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you having your ceremony and reception all at the beach house? I'm planning a wedding for 2013. I live here in myrtle but am from johnstown.
  • Options
    Cakes by the Sea in Longs are amazing!!
  • Options
    Thank you for the rec on the baker! Will definately be contacting both!

And we qill be having the ceremony on the beach with the reception at the house
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tbonesbbq.com they do catering low key & great reviews. I would also say cakes by the sea they did my sisters cake and it was great. Rent a party is the most expensive in the area for chairs and tables try American tent & party rental in Conway.
  • Options
    Cakes by the sea did our wedding cake and it was great. We got great reviews for our cake. I agree with the previous post . Rent a party is expensive. Conway Rental had the best price. As far as a catering, check with the cooper house, they do outside catering and chef Betty is great.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards