New York-Hudson Valley

Help with venue in poughkeepsie

just started planning for the wedding in the poughkeepsie area....any recommendations for a wedding venue in the poughkeepsie area?

Re: Help with venue in poughkeepsie

• edited December 2011
    I highly recommend our venue, the Grandview. I have absolutely no complaints, and our reception was wonderful. It's beautiful, the food was amazing, and the service was phenomenal. www.grandviewevents.com

Alternatively, the owners of the Grandview also own the Poughkeepsie Grand, which is another great venue. Some of their packages are more affordable than the Grandview. www.pokgrand.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats and happy planning! After looking everywhere (60 plus in the NY, NJ and PA areas), I booked at the Grand. They had packages that fell into our budget, was beautiful. So far so good since my contact has been responsive to questions. I'm not familar with POK but you may want to also try Anthony's Pier 9 - same owners as POK Grand and the Grandview.

• probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Grandview.  For a totally different experience, you could check out Locust Grove.  If you give us more of an idea of what you are looking for, we might be able to be more helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_venue-poughkeepsie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:6c42d832-57dd-43d9-91e3-59783c367494Post:71d503bc-0985-4d72-8600-718dc7ec5c30">Re: Help with venue in poughkeepsie</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at the Grandview.  For a totally different experience, you could check out Locust Grove. <strong> If you give us more of an idea of what you are looking for, we might be able to be more helpful</strong>.
    Posted by probablykate[/QUOTE]

Exactly! What typw of venue are you looking for? Also, what's your budget and how many people?

In Poughkeepsie alone:

The Grandview
    The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
    Rolling Greens at Dutchess Country Club
    (all the same owners. The also own Anthony's Pier 9 across the river)

Also in Poughkeepsie:
    Locust Grove
    Christos
    Poughkeepsie Tennis Club

Nearby in Dutchess county:
    The Links in LaGrangeville
    Villa Borghese in Wappingers Falls

There are also tons more in Dutchess county. and the surrounding areas. Give us an idea what you are looking for, and we will all be glad to help!
  • rmk6783rmk6783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The GrandView is beautiful, but if you're like us, it just wasn't in our budget. If you are looking for the same amazing food, full bar, etc, but for a lower price, I recommend Christos Catering on Wilbur Blvd in Poughkeepsie. They were so helpful - they did all the centerpieces, took care of the wedding cake, and helped us out with all the other details too. The price was great and the food was amazing. They also only do one wedding per day, so you are their only focus for the day, instead of having a few weddings to deal with. We loved it, so I highly recommend looking into it.
  • shoodleshoodle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks sooo much for all the input!! And thanks for the congrats!
    I'm looking for  a venue to fit about 150-200 guests, modern but classy looking, a relatively affordable price and a place with friendly and approachable staff.
    Did you guys like working with the staff at the Grandview/Villa Borghese and were they helpful and available on the wedding day and days leading upto the wedding?
    Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    Margaret and Brent at the Grandview were wonderful to work with. Anytime before the wedding, if I sent an e-mail or called, I'd have a response within hours. They were both so helpful, and very responsive. They even let me drop all of my stuff off almost a week before the wedding because it was easier for me to do that.
  • edited December 2011
    The Grand does a great job and the location is failry convenient.  I once attended a wedding at La Mirage in Poughkeepsie.  The inside was beautiful, but I didn't think too much of the food.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the Grandview a little more than 2 years ago & it was AMAZING! They really do a top notch job...all of the people were great to work with. You can't go wrong...
  • shoodleshoodle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards