Maine

**dmartineau1**

Saw your photo booth question in the for sale thread.  

I found this website to be the most helpful:

Based on her recommendations I bought two of the same printer she had, the Canon Pixma mini260.  I've set them both up and am happy with the test pictures I printed. I bought two 50' rolls of 2" wide peel and stick magnet, which I will cut to size.  I get one half, the guest gets the other to take home as their favour.  

I'll be selling the two printers and any leftovers I have (buying extra ink and photo paper) after my October 7th (eep!  45 days left) wedding.  If you haven't figured out something you like better, I will be putting them up on the for sale thread.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

Re: **dmartineau1**

• edited December 2011
    This is a DIY photo booth site that I found helpful too:

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/08/diy-photo-booth

Jena- I wish you were getting married before me so I could buy one of your printers!   Question for you, what is the advantage of having more than one printer?  Are you not hooking them up to a computer? 

I'm planning on hooking one up to my computer and using the party booth software....but i'm guessing you're able to print directly from a camera?
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No computer necessary, the printer actually isn't designed to hook up to the computer at all.  Which also means you don't need to buy any software. And no laptop means I don't need to worry about someone killing it (spilling something on the keyboard, etc).  

I have two memory cards, which I'm just going to switch out.  IE, while one card is in the printer, we can be taking photos on the other one.  The printer takes about one minute to print a 4x6 photo.  I'm going to have a couple of my brother's friends man the "booth."  
    Two printers was actually FI's idea.  His point was that since this is our favour/gift to the guests, it's best to have a back up in case one breaks.  Probably won't need both of them, but I'd be embarrassed if some of our guests got one but not others.  So just an insurance policy. 

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• dmartineau1dmartineau1 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    oh Jenna that is awesome! i will definitly be keeping my eyes open for your post after your wedding! I will let you know ahead of time if im not doing, keep me in mind when the time comes!!

i did see the samepost, but I was concerned with having to uy 2 printers plus paper and ink :-) but if its not too expensive i could prob swing it. I actully have a printer but it doesnt have the option to do the photo booth style printer. oh well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards