September 2013 Weddings
Options

Today is a big day for me!

I have a phone 'court' date today with my old boss. He fought unemployment after firing me for taking 3 days off when FI and I got engaged... (Its a LONG story)
But basically, he was very abusive and hostile for the duration of my employment. I was getting to the point where I didnt think I could continue working for him and one day I stood up for myself and told him that if he continued to treat me this way I could no longer work for him. He didnt like that, 2 weeks later I was fired.
(He's a Surgeon... big psycho surprise...)
There are a million details but I wont go into them. I have about $2,000 in 'banked' unemployment from the last 8 weeks that I have been in the appeals process, and that 2k would help out tremendously.
Anyways... just want someone to celebrate with when I win, or pat my shoulder should I loose ;) Ill update in a couple hours when its over!
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers March Siggy: Wedding Hair Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Today is a big day for me!

• Options
    Good luck today!  Hopefully you will get a big fat WIN!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck!  My fingers are crossed for you!
  • Options
    Good luck! 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good Luck! Let us know how it goes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So he missed the call-in... :D Which makes him look ridiculous.
    We still had the hearing, just the judge and I... shes mailing the determination in 7 - 10 days... SOOO glad its over!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers March Siggy: Wedding Hair Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yay!!! i hope it works out in your favor!
  • Options
    I think if he missed the call in it means you win ... I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

At least that part is over and you know you did everything you can.

***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Hoping for some good news for you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_today-is-a-big-day-for-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:10cf0556-b177-4a9d-9f69-7b6806c02401Post:d59c5397-8f19-48f5-9e14-d0be6d5e2940">Re: Today is a big day for me!</a>:
    [QUOTE]At least that part is over and you know you did everything you can.
    Posted by BAS19[/QUOTE]

Cheers to that!
  • Options
    CALEOCALEO member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Good for you! 

I'm not sure about WA but in CA, the only time you don't get unemployment is if a) you quit or b) are fired for cause. 

So if he said that you effectively quit when you said "I can't work for you..." then he could argue a).  However, the fact that you worked for two more weeks goes against that argument.

If you took vacation days that you did not have banked or did not comply with company policy on requesting days then he could argue that you were fired for cause.  But nothing you'e said makes me think that is true. 

Also - he didn't show up and the laws (especially on the west coast) tend to favor employees.  Chances are good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards