Texas-Houston
Options

Anniversary Ideas

Hi there ladies,

So in less than a month it is going to be my anniversary. First, holy crap where did the year go? DH and I both agree that we can't believe it has already been a year.

Second, we want to get out Huntsville for our anniversary because frankly, it's Huntsville. lol. We were thinking about going down to Houston or maybe Austin but we have no idea. We are doing something out-of-state for our last Spring Break so we just want to have some fun close to home. 

Do you ladies have any suggestions for some fun stuff to do? We are both music-aficionados, not really club type people, and DH is from the country so he really hasn't experienced a lot of Houston (He was AMAZED by the downtown tunnels - so cute!).  Any and all suggestions are appreciated and thank you in advance!
And now we are as one
Married February 20, 2011

Re: Anniversary Ideas

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Well, for our anniversary this year, we went to the Hilton Post Oak and it was really nice!!! It's by the Galleria. I'm not good for ideas of WHAT to do, but that's a great place to stay. And for our wedding night, we stayed at Hotel Icon downtown. It was a nice stay, as well. So, that's 2 hotel suggestions. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo might still be here. The carnival is FUN, and you can check their website to see who will be here to perform when yall are here. That's all I have for now. lol
  • Options
    edited January 2012

FI and I aren't married yet, but for our anniverseries, we have gone to Four Seasons Downtown and have had a BLAST (he proposed there). They are surprisingly inexpensive comparativley speaking (140 or so per night). I would suggest there for great dining experiences/spas/awesome poolside/Discovery Green area. Also, there is this giant plaza almost catty corner that has a bowling/lounge bar and a Dueling Piano place. I highly recommend Guadalajara's, and The Reef (Reef is a cab ride away, Guadalajara's is walking distance) I always have fun here :)

In Austin, I've always liked the Omni over by 6th St. There are quite a few lounges/bars and a few country places. They also have really good casual food. There are alot of college people though (obviously-lol). There are many live music spots that are always a good experience to me!

I've been wanting to go to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. I've heard really good things about there :)

Good luck and CONGRATS! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards